Help - Can't change driptip on Griffin! [SOLVED]

Hey - Guys and Gals, I bought a Griffin yesterday and I found out when I got home that… I cannot change the driptip to suit my preference. The tips that come with it are HUGE Bore, and I like a small and pointy drip tip with a small bore.

Any ideas on what I can do? Is there an adapter out there? Is there someone who could make me a drip tip?
Thanks so much. Joy

1 Like

Just get a 510 drip tip adapter for the griffin, and you will fit all your 510 rip tips:

510 Drip Tip Adapter for Geek Vape Griffin 22 / 25

You can also find several drip tips that is made to fit the Griffin.

2 Likes

I thought I had gotten a adapter in the little baggie that came with the Griffin and the Griffin 25, I know the Griffin mini top that doesn’t have the air flow is one piece top I haven’t figured how to change it out add a 510 adapter, but the mini top with air flow does allow an adapter (which to me doesn’t make sense).

1 Like

Fast tech random colors

1 Like

Yes the Griffin25 with adjustable top airflow deff comes with the 510 adapter… That tank is my everyday carry and I love it… I don’t use my adapter I like the wide bore but my wife uses her adapter on hers because she likes her 510 tips

1 Like

My griffin came with an adapter :confused:

1 Like

That is what I had thought, I also use the adapter(s) in my various tanks since I like the narrower tips. @Joy I know this is a dumb question, but you did look in the small bag to ensure you didn’t get a adapter right? If not contact customer service for Griffin (they will most likely ask you for the scratch off number on the box that came with your tank to authenticate it), but will send you one for no charge I believe.
When I got the Griffin mini, I was having bad leaking issues and contacted them, they sent me a replacement build deck (not the whole deck but the inside of the air flow ring part), semi-fixed the issue, but I was really impressed that they did it without me pitching a fit.

2 Likes

To use the top that is all Delrin and has no airflow, you unscrew the metal airflow - containing ring at the top of the Griffin. Then you screw on the top/driptip without airflow.

As for a 510 adaptor… I can’t buy from Ebay (blocked cause kid used my account years ago and ripped someone off). Looking around, don’t choose to pay $23 shipping to get the $3 adaptor from Heaven’s Gifts. Just tried the Fastech link. Now says paypal login email address is in wrong format and trying another method for payment, my bank declines China as usual. Besides it would take 3 weeks to get here. Still waiting for order from 12/20. F this! No… there was no adapter with mine! I’m done with this pain in the xxx for today. Spent about 2 hours with this since last night. Mad. ya. Ozo where are you? lol Just like the mod with the DNA 200 that says “Warranty Service”. It can go in the f’n bag with that one! Going out to sing to my chickens. I’ll just take it to the shop where I bought it and they DID SAY I could change the driptip. Perhaps they will fix me up with an adaptor or exchange it for a V8 tank. I always buy something else when I go in anyway. They want to please a valued customer who spends a lot.

1 Like

lol, I know how to change the tops on the mini (that is how ya fill it :stuck_out_tongue: ) I was talking about just removing the drip tip itself from the top that doesn’t have the air flow control.

1 Like

Oh. ok CallMeTut. And guess what… My problem is solved.
The 510 drip tip adaptor WAS in the bag of O-rings that came with my new Griffin.
I had a look again thanks to your suggestion where you so kindly said "Are you sure it’s not in there?"
I think I expected it to be larger. Well, that’s my dumbass excuse. Good lesson for newbies, blind old ladies or people without mutch patience… look again!

4 Likes

Congrats! I’d go crazy if I had to wait on Fast Tech or something if I needed a new adapter… lol… I’d break into my stash backup tank to get it’s one…
Glad ya found it.

1 Like