Help! Every Squeeze bottle I put my PG and NIC in leaks!

@a_jhasty0830 Welcome to the world of sucky condiment bottles. Been there, done that. I’ll let you in on the bottles that STOPPED my issues, once and for all.

2 Likes

And now, I see I was too late LOL.

2 Likes

Better late than never… lol…
Has anyone here had any experience ordering from DIY E-Liquid Supplies before? I just got on their site for the first time and was floored to see that what few FA flavorings they have are only $1.86 for 10ml… FA 10ml on BCF are $2.25 and up depending on the flavor… That’s a big price difference for 10ml… If it is a good site and I don’t hear any negative feedback I may snatch up a few of them at that price…

2 Likes

I took one of the caps of a empty 60ml Flavour bottle and put it on the bottle of nic I got from liquid barn…

3 Likes

Another smart and obvious Idea I wouldn’t have thought of lol… My mind isn’t as spry as it once was :thinking:

2 Likes

Going thru DIY E-Liquid Supplies site I see that ALL of their 10ml flavorings are $1.86. From brands, FA, CAP, FW, TFA & LorAnn… TFA and FW are cheaper thru BCF but FA, CAP and LorAnn are so much cheaper thru them… I hope someone has had some experience with them and can give me a little feedback … I def want to place an order if they are a good reliable site…

2 Likes

Their prices are very good (get the 10, 10ml bundle) but…

One of my very first orders was from them. Of the flavors I wanted, I ordered the bundle and out of the ten bottles ordered

• one was rancid (they kindly offered a replacement of the same flavor/batch - I declined and bought elsewhere)
  • one was oil based, and according to the flavor notes here on ELR, not recommended for vaping. After I notified them, they pulled the flavor, and I dumped my bottle.

The other 8 were good enough, but as a newbie mixer, I didn’t know the difference.
I’m not going to say “no, don’t go there,” but YMMV.

I now order mostly from NicRiver, and misc. other flavors from DIYVS, BCF, ECX, DIYFS, LB.

Shipping:
They are located in the same county as me in California.
On a sunday I ordered from 3 different shops, DIYELS (lawndale, ca), Bulk Apothecary (aurora, oh) and DIYVS (waterford, mi). All 3 orders shipped on Monday, yet, I got all 3 orders delivered on Thursday. Why it took a shipment from 15 miles west of me 4 days to get delivered, I’ll never know, and they don’t allow will call.

They used to have variable rate shipping, but went to a flat rate. Once you add in the shipping cost, they’re not that much cheaper than buying $50 from Nic River and getting free shipping. Plus, NR goes through more product so their stuff is “fresher” than DIYELS (at least that’s what I’m thinking).

Nic River is a county over, lower tax rate, and I always receive my order the day after they ship.

2 Likes

While I shop at NR if I can make the $50 it’s not my go to vendor for flavors sadly.

I live in CA as well, yet orders placed with NR take mostly 4-7 days just to get out the door (shipped) plus another 3-5 days till it arrives. That’s the shipping companies fault of course, but makes it difficult if you need something quickly.

If you can’t make the $50 worth then the shipping cost is pretty much the same or more than the whole order.

Bull city flavor on the other hand, located in NC ships the same day of orders placed before noon, if after the next day. Takes 2 days to get too me, and shipping is only around $4-5

The customer service is outstanding, prompt, polite, quick and extremely nice. So unless I have to get nic or restock my purilum, i shop with bcf first.

My bottles i get from dropperbottles, both glass and plastic. Great quality and i get no leaks. Another problem with the NR bottles, which always leak through that twist top. Not much but damn annoying if you want to use them with only pg.

I hope you find a vendor you like, but I felt I the need to point out the flaws, it’s not always roses and sunshine lol.

Edit: if you need something quick like vg, pg or smaller quantities of bottles, check out Amazon, sometimes a good option as well, especially for essential depot vg

4 Likes

Most shipping company send it to a central place before despatch, so the proximity does not make much difference. You could have hopped on your bike and collected in person though :wink:

2 Likes

I didn’t want to say this ! Hopefully they get faster at their new place.

Yup! :wink:

1 Like

Yup! Not always but good customer service helps…
and there’s always tomorrow

2 Likes

The receiving rancid flavorings was all I needed to hear… We started off ordering from Wizard Labs and did for a while until we found out about BCF and ECIGEXPRESS and I never looked back. Once I got the new flavorings in from them I realized we were being screwed bu WL 8ml for the same price I paid for all my 10ml… Not to mention I had several flavors from WL that just didn’t smell/taste/vape right at all. After I ordered those “off” flavors from BCF I realised that those “off” flavorings from WL weren’t supposed to smell like that… I did some price comparison between BCF and ECE with DIYVS and I can order my LA, CAP 10ml and 30ml and FA 30ml and 120ml cheaper thru DIYVS and also can order certain flavors that BCF and ECE do not offer… But thank you for letting me know about your experience with them… I really appreciate you time…

3 Likes

I live in KY, so not that far from BCF and that is who we use for bigger orders. Shipping usually costs us $8.67 every time even when I only order 5-7 10ml flavorings… Only time the shipping is anymore than that is when I order my larger 4oz bottles, but I have only had shipping cost me less than the 8and change one time and i got free shipping because of a coupon code. I hate that theyhave a $75 min for free shipping because we usually never do a single order more than $60 or so… but They always have my stuff to me within 3 days unless I order late friday or saturday evening…

3 Likes

Hello! I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiences with our company have not been of the best. We are currently in the lengthy, but lucrative process of moving and will be greatly increasing quality control and shipping speeds. We will most likely be releasing an email notifying customers once the move has been finalized and we hope that this piques your interest in our company once again! :slight_smile: Let me know if you have any questions!

6 Likes

You can get free shipping if your order is $49.99 just use free ship as coupon code, of course it doesn’t stack with the regular 6% off code, just have to see which code would make more sense at the end. Sometimes the free ship code is better and sometimes it’s not lol.

Then yes as you mentioned, free shipping at $75 anyways. Just throwing that out there tho.

@Nicotine_River it’s all good, I still shop with you for VG and Nicotine as of now, or my purilum flavors. However as mentioned in your official thread, adding more flavor lines or adding new flavors to the additional ones, would be good. It’s easier getting to $50 if somebody just shops at one place lol.

I just hate giving money to the shipping companies in general.

4 Likes

I use the hair coloring bottles from local beauty supply company when I’m making testers. Look like mustard & ketchup bottles but clear. Wrap plumbers tape around the threads so they don’t leak. You can get it really cheap at a hardware store. Other wise, when making my regular batches I use the drinking attachment that fits Mason jars because I use glass to store about everything. The attachment allows for pouring.

4 Likes

I thought about doing that but was afraid I would have the same problem as I was having with the other bottles… but I got some bottles in from Liquid Barn and they are working out well… My PG did start to leak but I used a little plastic wrap around the neck and put the cap on over it and it hasn’t leaked a drop since… Thank You for your response, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. The past couple of weeks have been super hectic in our house so I haven’t been on any at all…

2 Likes

I ordered my gallon of VG and 240ml of PG thru eliquid.com and got free shipping plus after I used my 10% off coupon code my total was only $17 and a little change… I have never ordered VG and PG for that cheap after shipping… everywhere else shipping was gonna cost me between $17-$26… I ordered it Friday morning and it says it will be here tomorrow ( Monday ) IDK where you live exactly but next time you need to order VG and PG check them out if you don’t already know/use them…

2 Likes

I live in Arkansas and it was suggested to me to purchase through eliquid.com but when i placed my order it gave a message that they do not ship to my state. Nicotine river would do better if they used USPS ground (flat rate), but they don’t. but getting back to the OP, early on I used smaller bottles and have recycled them, I just put a twist off top on top and they work fine.

1 Like

I have that issue too, every time I try placing a order there, I get a shipping prompt.

As you know I do not live in the states listed under their shipping restrictions. Even their customer service tells me diy doesn’t fall under the free shipping policy, yet people keep ordering there and receive free shipping.

I have up on it because to me it’s not worth the hassle, since it’s not working for me.

It’s NR 's drop ship, therefore the items are being shipped from and by NR. Therefore if I really want these items, could just go to NR directly lol.

That’s why I suggested dropper bottles only negative is that you can only buy in bulk.And some people don’t want 100+ bottles lol

2 Likes