Help - Foam when firing

I’ve been mixing for quite a while for personal use. A couple of weeks ago I decided to buy some flavors for Moon Butter by Mourning Glory

Moon Butter

Ingredient %
Butterscotch (Flavorah) 4.50
Cream (Flavorah) 1.50
Milk and Honey (Flavorah) 1.00
Peanut Butter (Flavorah) 2.50
Vanilla Custard (Flavorah) 2.50

Flavor total: 12%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

I used the exact flavors and added some sucralose, made a batch of more than 400ml, put it in a glass bottle, and let it steep for 3 weeks.

When it’s finally done, I used it on my dripper and vaped it for the first time. But to my surprise, the vapor is extremely hot. I felt sharp heat on my tounge / lips / palate. I tried adjusting the wattage, air flow, cotton, etc. but nothing worked.
And whenever I fire, foam appears on the coil.

Foamy GIF-downsized_large

It has never happened before.
What caused the foaming and heat, and how to fix it please
Thank you in advance!

10 Likes

I love this mix and keep it in my rotation. Outside of flavors is anything new(VG/PG)? At what ratio was it mixed? The color of the mix seems off to me. Mine are always a medium amber.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hZ7xhyOgvc25Xohr61no__ZhE6W2yaYe/view?usp=drivesdk

7 Likes

most weird is all i can offer

8 Likes

@Alchemistry_Juice that certainly is odd. I’m not sure if I’d be vaping that remaining 400ml bottle of that.
Somethings clearly not right, and you’ve be well served to figure out what’s causing that, before making any other 400ml batches. Any way some water could have been injected into your mix ? ANY new components, NIC, PG, VG, or any flavors, that you have NOT used yet up until this batch ?

7 Likes

Yes. I bought all the ingredients from a different store because the usual shop I buy from doesn’t have Flavorah.

I thought about this too as it’s a different kind of PG, VG, and nic. But when I mix them with the other flavors, everything is fine.

Most weird indeed

7 Likes

Was the bottle well cleaned before putting your mix into it? Or the container you used to mix in? The foam kind looks like soap suds. Does it foam up when you shake the bottle?

11 Likes

@Lostmarbles I was thinking the same thing.

@Alchemistry_Juice I’m sure you know the deal, but let’s re-hash it.

I would strongly advise NOT vaping that foaming “stuff”.
I would also recommend not mixing anything larger than a 10ml till we sort it out.

This will make things take longer, but NOT impossible.

Assuming for the moment, it’s NOT your flavors, do you have ANY alternate NIC, PG, or VG so we can eliminate things ?

6 Likes

Wait, did I MIS-read ?

You mixed the EXACT same NIC, PG, and VG with DIFFERENT flavors, and all was well ??

7 Likes

Yeah, when I clean coils and a little dawn soap is still on it that is exactly what it does when I dry burn. Looks like somewhere along the line soap got into the mix and it is not safe to vape.

10 Likes

might i suggest making a fresh batch 10 - 20 ml testers -

step 1 pg,vg,nic - test batch
step 2 add flavors one by one and test batch

extra clean beaker - make sure no soap is in beaker
fresh coils and cotton . see if it does it then.

if not then the problem isnt the ingredients - its the storage container -
i don’t reuse my vape juice bottles - for this reason.

5 Likes

I would try it in a different RDA before just blaming the juice. If the RDA was cleaned for the new mix, it’s possible there was still a detergent in the wells when rewicked.

9 Likes

Lol…don’t you know you should only use pure glycerin soap :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

LOL, I guess I must be the b00b in the room, as I never use soap on my coils. Dry burn/rinse, until they are ugly, then they get replaced. Maybe I’m too lazy.

11 Likes

I’m like you. Don’t clean any of my RDAs or RTAs with anything but water. Dry burn then clean with a old tooth brush. So your not the only boob.

10 Likes

Well @rcleven, then we will just be a PAIR !!!

4 Likes

Mske thst 3 boobs in the room

H20 for cleaning coils

8 Likes

@tartarusspawn, I’ve heard b00bs like company.

4 Likes

I’ll scrub a new RDA/tank with a spot of Dawn on a toothbrush, then USC it for 6 mins, rinse and coil. The coils are just dry burn, then dip in a shallow bowl of water a few times to loosen any gunk and finish with a toothbrush (why isn’t it called a teethbrush?) under running water.

5 Likes

Four b00bs or is it two pairs?

Either way move over and make room for another one.

7 Likes

Whew! Glad no one is walking around lopsided. :rofl:

7 Likes