Help for profile Burnt Sugar

Hi, I would like to ask about burnt sugar profile, what stone would you recommend? I have tried quite a few but I always think something is missing. For tobacco recipes…thank you very much!!!

3 Likes

Have you tried just EM or ooo burnt sugar

3 Likes

I have tried these …but I believe they are not completely accurate on their own. I’m looking for a combination for greater accuracy

3 Likes

The combo I like using is OOO Burnt Sugar @1% with VTA Raw Sugar @0.75% for a simple light gritty Burnt Sugar like on top of a Crème Brulee. Though for a tobacco mix I’d probably add VTA Scorched Caramel @0.25% to darken up the burnt sugars flavor. Also I haven’t tried it but there’s also a SSA Burnt Tobacco Caramel.

6 Likes

I believe all the burnt sugar type flavorings are just em plus vanillin or em plus caramel. Ooo bs is def em plus vanillin , its the exact taste and smell of tpa circus cotton candy just less concentrated

3 Likes

i will try to find one of those concentrates and give it a try…thank you very much!

4 Likes

I have tried burnt sugar with cotton candy (no circus) but it lacked a dark feeling. Maybe it needs some brown sugar or very dark caramel in a very small percentage.

4 Likes

A combo I tried is burnt sugar (OOO) 1%, Bavarian Cream (FJ or TFA) 1%, Brown Sugar (TFA) 1%. Maybe I should lower the percentage of Brown sugar a bit. What do you think about this combination?

4 Likes

I like it maybe drop or reduce the Bavarian as it may take away from the darker flavor you are looking for.

4 Likes

Maybe em plus flv caramel

4 Likes

Thinking about the top of a creme brulee…I tried creme brulee (vta and inw) but it wasn’t right…you could smell milk and especially in a tobacco profile it’s off target. In the past in some recipe the bavarian cream with caramel on top gave off a burnt sugar profile after steeping…so I tried the bavarian cream. I will follow your advice and we will see…thank you very much and happy new year.

3 Likes

Once i get flv caramel I’ll definitely give it a try …seems like a good idea …thank you very much and Happy New Year!!!

3 Likes

You are spot on with that, the VTA can work wonders

5 Likes

It may well be worth your time trying the FW Brown Sugar, FW don’t make that many really great flavours IMO, but this one hit’s the profile squarely & has some good caramelisation notes to it heading it into the burnt sugars arena

5 Likes

thank you very much for your advice!

2 Likes