Help! I'm in need of a decent squonk mod

The mod cost me about 55€. It lasted a month because the little plastic connectors on the inside broke and could not be reattached. I have sent pictures and a proper description to the Amazon vendor, which happened to be Wotofo. They told me I had to send it to their factory in China, and that I had to pay for the post (27.99€ tracked) and then whatever additional fees for the repair of the Profile Mod. That would be already close to the price I paid for the brand new mod.

In Germany vapes have a one year warranty. That means that if something inside it breaks, and it’s a workmanship issue, they replace it free of charge. They’re not supposed to ask for money to do some shady repairs in Shenzen, China.

I’m just disappointed in the overall CS from Wotofo. They just want our money. Once they have it, good luck trying to get something fixed, or a spare part, or broken screw from one of their RDA/RTAS.

I took a bit of a risk, and picked up a brand new Geekvape Athena Mech Squonker for 20€ all-in. If I like it, I’ll look for something a bit higher end.

5 Likes

Does this still exist? I’ve never seen that mod. And you’re in the states. I’m in Germany, and if I can find it, I’m sure the price will severely differ. Taking a look around now.

6 Likes

Nice I always wanted one though I’m kind of glad I passed on getting one. I had the Stentorian Ram by Wotofo that I converted to a full mech. I couldn’t stand the original button on the Ram (it was super stiff and hard to fire) and it looks as if the Nudge has the same button.

3 Likes

@IggyZ Yes, it’s still available, at least through that one vendor. Sorry to show you a thing that doesn’t apply to you. I’m sure that it’s not worth it when you consider international shipping. Unless the free shipping with spending $79 or more extends to Germany and you were in want of other items that add up to > $79.

1 Like

@McDuckie It is the same button but it has support behind the feed tube, the RAM does not. The RAM doesn’t hit consistently and it makes the button unbearable. I’ve only had the Nudge for a few weeks but I have had a rock solid experience and the button has not bothered me one bit.

One reason I just bought the Nudge and the second RAM is that I think I can modify either one to make a better mech. Are you happy with how that turned out for you?

2 Likes

Oh YA the Ram worked great as a mech until I dropped it and it shattered. Being made of resin it couldn’t handle the fall. Well I should say it couldn’t handle the landing. LMAO

3 Likes

I have a Smoant Battlestar and a few Pulse v1 mods. I have one used the Battlestar once since i got the Pulse’s. Pulse is super light and easy to clean whereas the Battlestar is a chunk and the bottles are a real pain in the ass to clean.

That is the sum total of my squonk experience, once i got a Pulse i never bothered even looking for another.

2 Likes

I have the Pulse V3 and love it. It’s become my daily use mod when I’m not using a tank. It’s extremely lightweight with a 21700 battery, and the squonk bottle is vastly improved over previous versions. The only thing I dislike is the translucent body. I bought a purple (translucent) and a black (non-translucent) and I switched the panels. The purple was just too much and looks better with the black panels IMO. I’m sure it won’t take a fall on hard surfaces though. As far as cheaper mainstream mods go, it’s a winner and I prefer it to my Pico Squeeze 2, Drone DNA, Luxotic, Centaurus Quest, TVL Delta and Rage squonkers.

3 Likes

Stick with the VV Pulse

2 Likes

Maybe try the Dovpo Topside, you can get it either for single battery or dual batteries, I think you’ll be sold for life, at least I am. Initially they had their problems, but I ADV on two different ones (both are Topside Dual) for the last few years with no problems at all. I love the ease of filling with 10ml of juice from the top, very easy.

4 Likes

@NoProblem In have to agree that the Dovpo Topside is a great squonk mod!

4 Likes

If evaluating value and price I don’t think you can do better than any of the VandyVape squonkers. I have one each of the Pulse v1 and v2. They both perform excellently for me. The threading on v2’s bottom fill cap is petty finicky but its still easier than removing the bottle for every fill. These are now both discontinued and hard to find. The v3 gets great reviews but the translucent body is just a deal breaker for me. Some people love this look, but to me they look like children’s toys. The VandyVape chips do not have the greatest temperature control, but they are good enough for my needs. As soon as the flavor starts to drop I know it’s time to squonk. No need to guess or pull the cap to have a look.

6 Likes

Well my “new” squonker came today, and aside from the magnetic battery/bottle door being a tiny bit loose because of the weak magnets, I LOVE IT!

It’s just so easy to use, and SO tiny! I assume this thing won’t take many (if any) drops onto hard floors, so I’ll just have to be a bit more careful. Even so, I’m quite surprised it was only 20 bucks. Only having one button and no screen, I already like it more than the Wotofo profile Squonk mod I had before it.

Anyways, thank you guys for all your suggestions! I appreciate you taking the time to weigh in.

8 Likes

what is it?

1 Like

GeekVape Athena.

3 Likes