Help! I'm in need of a decent squonk mod

Hey guys,

I had a highly recommended Wotofo Profile Squonk Mod, and after about a month of use, it doesn’t even turn on anymore. Wotofo says im shit out of luck, even though I’m well within my warranty. Wotofo told me to contact the Amazon retailer, and the Amazon retailer told me I’d have to pay for any repairs AND that shipping to them (in China) would be on my dime. So I’m done with Wotofo mods. I can’t believe anyone recommended this POS to me, but that’s besides the point. When it was working, it was a fairly decent mod.

So now I need a new Squonk or BF mod. Preferably single battery, either 18650 or 21700. I’d consider dual battery mods, but I feel with a squonker that simplicity is key. The swirling inner tubing and shitty workmanship on the Profile was its downfall. Is there a BF mod available on the market with a straight design? I just don’t want the hose connecting the bottle to the exit hole where the atty screws in to be all bendy like on the Profile. I’ve looked at the Vandy Vape Pulse v3, and like its design for the most part. It’s under 70€ shipped, so it seems like what I have been looking for.

I was wondering if anyone here can recommend an affordable squonk mod that they have personally used and enjoyed? I’d greatly appreciate any tips possible.

Cheers,
Iggy

9 Likes

I love both my empire mod and pulse 2. The pulse2 is cheap , lightweight but still very durable. Works great. The only con imo is im not a huge fan of the bottom screw fill but it does the job. The empire is a bit more expensive and heavy but build quality is flawless, looks awesome and fill port is so quick and easy.

10 Likes

What’s the battery life like on the Empire?

5 Likes

@big_vape i have the empyre but dont use it much …Biggest complaint Ive hesrd is the battery drain. I mentioned the mod on Benny Vapes show, There were multiple people who complained about the issue

5 Likes

Its been great. I use the 21700 molicel p45b batteries

6 Likes

I havent really noticed a difference from my other mods but havent really followed that closely

6 Likes

I can confirm that the Vandy Vape Pulse Mech is a great little squonk. Wetvapes.com has the 80w pulse for 29.99 and if you want simple the OG Pulse Mech for 7.99.

5 Likes

I usually use my pulse2 when im out because its so lightweight and performs great. I use the empire at home cuz i like it better but a bit heavy

3 Likes

I would have loved to have gotten my hands on a OG Dotsquonk because you could take them apart and clean them. I found a vintage blue Petri 22 rda that I converted into a BF rda. I’ve looked everywhere and even contacted Dotmod to see if they would bring them back. They said that they won’t because they don’t think that there’s a big enough market for squonks anymore.

5 Likes

I never pay attentiin to battery life or drain etc…I do know some people care about that and from what Ive read in chats thats the issue with said Mod

6 Likes

Ill keep an eye out. I know im getting at least a whole day on one battery going through 3 or so bottle refills running a elder dragon .3 sfc at 55w. That with the molicel 21700 p45b

6 Likes

@McDuckie dam good deal them and with a little cutting about and tweaking 21700 fit in the mech @IggyZ being a squonk nut myself I prefer mods that use normal squonk bottles you can change flavours when every you want put a single coil rda on top all day vape put a nice duel coil on top for the evening clouds I’ve had my pulse is coming up on five years old still working ,also look up shapeways 3d printing have a look around the site and you’ll find printed mods and make your own it’s very rewarding knowing you made your own vape

6 Likes

Which Wotofo? If you can find a Wotofo Dyadic squonk mod, I highly recommend! If you purchased off Amazon, it’s well within Wotofo’s policy to have you go through the 3rd party, same as you would if you bought from any online shop. It’s mostly a policy everywhere. If I bought a Voopoo mod off Element Vape and it broke, I’d have go go through Element vape, not Voopoo.
Before you trash a company, think it through. I used to review for Wotofo and I’ve worked closely with them. They actually have great customer service and I’ve helped many get replacements. I no longer review from them so I’m not just sticking up for the company, but what you’re saying is incorrect. Amazon should be making it right. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Amazon refunds everything no questions asked

4 Likes

Shapeways is a good site though you have to pay $30-60 for all the mod then buying all the hardware to make your own.

4 Likes

@IggyZ I also have the Empire squonk, 2 of them to be exact and I love them, so well built! As @STR8V8PING stated they are a little heavy but not too bad imo, The one I am using now has a Dead Rabbit Pro RDA with Dual 2 core coils running .18 Ohms, I put a fully charged 21700 Molicel P45B in this morning at 5:30am and right now at 6:10pm I still have at least 50% charge left (I am a heavy vaper) so I haven’t really noticed that much difference in excessive battery drain.
I also have a couple of the VV Pulse 2 and like them also, again, as @STR8V8PING stated they are light weight and work great!

9 Likes

I was reading about the battery drain problem people were having. Im assuming they fixed this because i dont have any issue even close to what was being reported. Guys were saying they go through 4 or 5 baterries within 5 hours and once it goes below 60 percent the battery dies in minutes as well as random wattage changes. Mine is working flawlessly. Im guessing they once got a batch with bad chips

7 Likes

I don’t squonk anymore but would recommend the Vandy Vape pulse, I have the original 80watt and have no complaints. Although not my favorite I still do occasionally use the pulse RDA that came with it

5 Likes

I have no issues at all, mine work flawlessly as well, so well I bought another one ( I really like the OD green). I was a bit nervous when I bought my first one because I read about those problems as well but I get as much or more battery life with the Empire as I do with any of my other devices.

4 Likes

I know your pissed about your Wotofo mod but hear me out. I just got the Nudge and it fixes everything I didn’t like about the Wotofo Stentorian Ram squonk mod except for one thing. It needs a battery ribbon. The battery is hard to get out, I put a string under it and that works well. The Nudge has structure support against the pin where the button makes contact, the Ram does not. It makes it hit better and hopefully more durable. The bottle is silicone instead of the hard plastic. They are both single 18650 mech mods but the nudge uses a 30 Amp fuse for some protection. For $11.99 it’s a steal.

6 Likes