Help making Mang Dem with few subs

Trying to make a very mango recipe with a bit of ice and have heard good things about this recipe but I don’t have FE Mango, INW shisha mango, INW mango or TPA Cotton candy. Instead I have LA cotton candy, VT shisha mango and FLV Sweet mango so just wondering what percentages to sub them in at? I do have the rest, FLV mango, CAP Sweet mango, SS and WS-23

5 Likes

Just read the notes on all of them and start your trial and error. You have to experiment and see what happens. What one person thinks or believes might not translate what you like. Just start being a mad scientist and hope and pray :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Here’s a suggestion ~ single flavor test your mango’s. Make 5 ml testers with just vg/pg and the flavor. That way you can adjust, or even create your own recipe with what you have on hand. Any recipe you see and have to sub flavors will not taste the same as the original. Only certain flavors, will a substitute work, for instance, vanilla’s, or ice creams. Things like mangos, guavas, shisha fruits, all have their own qualities depending on the flavor house. I’d start there. Single flavor testing is the biggest thing that’s helped me in DIY. Now, I know what percentage’s will work, what flavors to pair them with, and what place they’ll take in a recipe. Some flavors will have top notes, some you’ll need to layer (like strawberries or peaches, mango’s etc), what flavors you’ll need to use lower% (or higher %). Taste is ALWAYS subjective. If you know what your flavors taste like alone, you’ll be able to put together a decent recipe that you’ll enjoy. I know that 2% Peach (ripe ssa) and peach raw 1% (VSO ) make a really nice full peach. I can take those, add a cream, and I’ve got a nice peaches and cream.
Hope this helps ~ sorry for the novel, but I think single flavor testing really helps a mixer in building a recipe.
Also, if you’re curious about a flavor, look up Noted or Noted Dx on YouTube, the shows are flavor reviews by a panel of hosts.

6 Likes

@JABS I’m mobile, so I’ll just say it’s not impossible to sub the FE Mango, BUT, it is …

stellar !!!!
7 Likes

Your “novels” are so informative, so I wouldn’t apologize for the details that you provide.

6 Likes