Help me fill my last bottle!

Okay, I have been going through the What Can I Make and picked out a bunch of recipes, modified them for my nic/ratio preferences and filled 9 out of 10 bottles I got from my starter kit purchase and I have run out of ideas. I am waiting for more concentrates to show up and I have branched out a bit from TPA… it would be really cool if I could fill my last available 30 ml bottle for some nice steeping before today’s NFL playoff games are over. Not concerned too much about testing, I’m easy, just took what I got from ZampleBox for the last 6 years or so and vaped it with mostly good results so a dud can be vaped through and then I move on.

Haven’t used any of the Lemon, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream or Watermelon… haven’t tasted anything beyond my first attempt of a Strawberry Cheesecake which has been a pleasant surprise, mixed it yesterday, its been good to me. I will make another one and let it steep a bit to see what’s up but for now… NY made it hard for me to vape flavors and I was desperate.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

6 Likes

@Mirrorim sub your Vanilla Swirl in for the Vanilla Custard.

5 Likes

Lemon 1
Watermelon 3
VBIC 2

Now you have used them …Whats Manufacturer are they

All TPA ?

5 Likes

TPA. I got the cheap stuff when I ordered my startup and I remember them being a go-to supplier at the time 6 years ago or so. I have looked into a lot more in the last week or so.

5 Likes

TPA is a fine Supplier they have their staples and they have their horrible flaves …I have never used the Lemon and get Pepper from the VBIC

In all seriousness have you made a Lemon Custrd or LMP you have all the flaves to make a few different good lemon Vapes

6 Likes

Strapon;
Strawberry 3%
Apple 3%
Watermelon 3%

Could possibly go 4% each to suit your taste :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Now that looks like a long steeper. I remember loving mother’s milk when it was first released and then feeling like the flavors muted out when I repurchased. I was similarly confused by everyone’s love for ghostberry. I know a guy that orders a ghostberry clone from toronto and waits 4 weeks for delivery into NY where we are not supposed to get flavored juice. I can’t even imagine having no variety in vape flavoring… hence trying to get away from using so much of this strawberry concentrate.

4 Likes

I had thought about a Strapple, didn’t occur to me that I should throw the watermelon in. This may be a winner. Should be a fairly quick steep right?

5 Likes

Yeah (fruits) 3 days I’d say. I don’t use that Apple or Watermelon so can’t say how it would come out, but that’s what I would mix.
If your used to Commercial juice, I’d pick up some Super Sweet (CAP) and Sour (TPA) :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

After a good couple rips on this strawberry cheesecake SnV I did in desperation before I made a bunch of stuff to steep a bit, I think I am over the sweeteners. TPA Strawberry (Ripe) is pretty sweet on its own from where I am sitting. Even though I didn’t give it time to steep, I can taste the cheesecake and graham, and the strawberry is properly forward in the profile. My first DIY is feeling more pure than the $1/ML stuff I used to buy when I hung out at vape shops

5 Likes

On order:

CAP Dragonfruit, NY Cheesecake (can’t help it I love cheesecake), Orange Creamcicle, PB V2(oops, I think I like the dangerous stuff), Vanilla Custard.
TPA Orange Mandarin
FA Raspberry

Maybe I can make a proper lemon custard by the end of the week. I have more bottles coming too.

6 Likes

That’s Great, and glad you can taste the Strawberry, I would actually have to push it higher myself, being a bit SB blind.
I’m happy for you that your having some success and getting over the Commercial over flavored / over sweetened stuff :+1:

4 Likes

To be fair, the SB is at 10% in this mix… but I was aiming for an immediate vape after running out and waiting for the mail for a day… either way, great first experience. Its rough around the edges but I used to go to shops that mixed on site and sometimes I couldn’t help myself so I know what that feels like.

I started on a vision spinner and the garbage tanks I can’t recall the name of, had lots of plastic split in half because of citrus juice… high pg mixes that hurt my throat. A lot better off now.

5 Likes

Yes that’s where the Sour helps IMO, I like fruit mixes and especially citrus types, don’t let the name Sour fool you,
My notes on Sour (TPA) ;
Malic Acid @20% in PG, Harsh throat hit, add sour.

I use Sour in citrus / fruit mixes up to 1% to raise PH level of citrus acid thus resulting in smoother / less harsh vape

“Malic acid is used as an acidulant, an antioxidant flavoring agent, a buffering agent, and a chelating agent. In pharmaceutical formulations, the substance is used as a general-purpose acidulant. The (L)-enantiomer possesses a slight apple flavor, and is used as a flavoring agent to mask bitter tastes and to provide tartness.”

“Malic acid is the primary acid present in apple and the secondary acid present in citrus fruit rather than citric acid. It imparts a smoother fruity flavour than any other acid. Malic acid is a crystalline white solid with a melting point of 100°C. It is water soluble and less hygroscopic as compared to others, so as to provide a good storage shelf-life. It is widely used in low-calorie drinks, e.g. cider (apple wine). It enhances the colour and flavour in carbonated and non-carbonated fruit-flavoured drinks [3].”

“Malic acid is a dicarboxylic acid with pK values of 3.40 and 5.11. Malic acid has a smooth, tart taste that lingers in the mouth without imparting a burst of flavour. Malic acid is highly water soluble. It is inhibitory to yeasts, moulds and bacteria, probably due to its impact on pH (Doores, 1993). It is used in beverages, hard candies, canned tomatoes and fruit pie fillings.“

“Malic acid is one of the general-purpose additives in the FDA list of GRAS substances. It is commercially synthesized as a racemic mixture of D- and L-isomers from maleic and fumaric acids in the presence of a suitable catalyst. However, it is found in nature as the L-isomer in many fruits and vegetables and is the second most prevalent acid in citrus fruits.
Malic acid has a smooth tart taste resembling that of citric acid, and although its degree of ionization in water is similar to that of citric acid, malic acid has a much stronger apparent acidic taste (25). Another function of malic acid is its synergistic effect with antioxidants to prevent fats and oils from becoming rancid (26).
Hence, the addition of small amounts of malic acid in the production of [e-juice?] will not only extend shelf life but will also give a smooth and tart taste. Most importantly it will act as a flavor potentiator with many of the flavoring materials used.”

“This is a key ingredient that takes your juice from homeade to vape shop quality!”

3 Likes

Thank you for the insight. I may get some additives down the road. I was speaking more to my early vaping experience, low quality high pg e-liquids many of which were house blends at local shops… some of them were tobacco shops. Things really opened up when I started building my own coils… I actually started rebuilding the coils from the disposable tanks and pressing them back together before I saw the light and got into RDAs and then mechs to pair them with. Spent a ton of time at local vape shops, made friends with a lot of cool people. The clown serum guys would never let me in on how they made their stuff though. I have seen a lot of clones of their popular flavors in the last few days here.

5 Likes

? :rofl: :crazy_face:

7 Likes

From a quick look at your stash, I saw 2 you oughta correct.

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream ( TPA ) <- should be no spaces around the TPA
Watermellon (TPA) - > Watermelon (TPA)

Sounds great so far :+1:

6 Likes

Strawberry- Apple- Watermelon

Whoever came up with must be pretty goofy lol.

5 Likes

Trust Me, I did not coin that phrase :ok_hand:

4 Likes

No? I thought it would be right up your devilish alley :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes