Help needed with mixing

I already regret that I started working on this not easy to make your own juice :frowning:

5 Likes

It will get much easier, just like anything else starting out is the hard part. If you do your research then you will quickly be able to make stuff you enjoy, it’s even easier if you are making other people’s recipes, all you have to figure out is what you like. This forum has everything you need to know practically. The very first thing you should do is get a scale or syringes so your recipes are accurate, after that my suggestion would be mix other people’s recipes that you have the flavors for and try to figure out what you like and don’t like. There are threads dedicated to simple mixes for beginners, I can’t remember what it’s called but there is a thread full of recipes that use 3-4 flavors or less, hopefully someone else will link to it as I can’t do it from my phone very easily. Read all the beginner threads on this forum, there are some excellent mixers that have taken the time to create detailed posts to help make mixing as easy as possible.

8 Likes

Woah woah there young Jedi. Don’t be so willing to throw in the towel. Yeah there’s a certain learning curve to it. But remember when you learned to ride a bicycle? You didn’t nail it the first time did you?

6 Likes

Don’t get discouraged, you’ll be surprised at how quickly it starts to come together. Maybe try what I do; research the flavors and just get ideas from other’s recipes but tweak to your own tastes. I have only mixed maybe 3 recipes as I found them. Ended up changing all of them anyway though as written were good. Your preference is what you mix to.

4 Likes

I hope you continue! It only sounds difficult because there is a lot of information and many variables. The basic concept is very easy, though.

Spend some time reading the beginner threads. It will become less daunting very quickly.

You are already on the path, and this recipe will probably taste good in 3 to 7 days. When in doubt, steep it out!

If it doesn’t taste right after a week, try again with new %'s. As long as it isn’t horrible, you can still vape it as you tweak the new versions.

5 Likes

Thats tru i will learn i hope and i already use syringes.

6 Likes

You’ve just made an instant friend of @Sprkslfly! Yeah like they all said, hang in there, read, test, endure, and keep at it. You’ll find it significantly easier to mix once you’ve done it enough. Now, as far as finding the right % for each flavor and in each recipe? That’s the fun part.

5 Likes

Thats a bit of a problem with me i am scared to change the flavor % for doing something wrong

4 Likes

There’s no ‘right or wrong’, as flavor is subjective depending on the palate. That recipe you are trying to emulate may simply be ‘wrong’ for your palate. Do not be afraid to test different things. Really, the only true failure is giving up. Bad mixes make for great learning.

7 Likes

Tonight i am going to try a 2 flavor mix 10ml :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Been there done that. For the longest time I was afraid of things that could happen, if guide lines are not followed.

As I started diy, I would never use my FA flavors above 1% and mostly stayed in the 0.5% range. I couldn’t taste it, but people were telling me that I can’t go higher because they are super concentrate. It was like saying you go above, you’ll die. And it worked, I was so afraid, I would just stick to that.

By now I don’t give a damn, I test my flavors and use the percentage I like. If that’s 5% for a FA concentrate that’s advertised to be used at 0.12%, great who cares lol.

There’s no guide lines, so whatever works for you. It doesn’t hurt to get input or a other opinion, but it shouldn’t be the written law.

I use flv sweetness because to me it sweetens but doesn’t screw up my coils, but I tried other sweeteners, I tried stevia, that’s just the “new” thing i m exploring right now.

I don’t use more then .15-.35% but lots of people use .5-1% and that’s ok! Find what you like and don’t give up :wink:

4 Likes

Here is the link to research your flavors. It is always helpful if they are labeled correctly (not implying yours are not).
As mentioned above, read read read! This forum is bursting with information! I am thrilled you have started to mix your own. This is an art, not a science! Oh, and get a notebook or a computer program to document progress, it is super helpful to note your changes and thoughts! Good luck!!

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors

8 Likes

It is actually both!

http://artisfun.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/AIF-logo-shadow-e1427316922426.png

5 Likes

So what if it’s wrong? You learned what you don’t want to do next time so still a win.

3 Likes

Yep and i just finished a Coconut strawberry juice at max VG, and i must say not bad for my taste better then the Space Jam Astro. Much much flavor and sweetnes now :smile: Thanks all to support me for not giving up i keep on trying tomorrow .

11 Likes

Whats wrong with this juice taste is very good but its not clear as the other liquids i have made and its always with the Astro Space Jam recipe

This can happen. What are the flavor you used in this mix?

1 Like

Apple Green, Strawberry and Peach Juicy all TPA

As far as I know, fruits usually don’t have color. Unless there is nicotine in it? Or perhaps it was left in a hotter area than the other? It also looks like the left one could have been shaken more recently? Plus the bottle is blue, could be a trick of the eyes?

no the other one is the same not a clear juice.