Help needed

i bought from ecigexpress part of the cereal vaper recipe kit, since i
had some meringue and yellow cake, so i didn’t get the percentages card.
so i don’t know how much to use. any help would be appreciated…

Hazelnut by Flavor West
Yellow Cake by Flavor West
Lemon by Flavors Express
Sweet Tangerine by Capella Flavor Drops
Bergamot by FlavourArt
Meringue by FlavourArt
Orange by FlavourArt

hey if you go to the recipe page and click resources, flavour list and put in a flavour individually it will tell you the average flavour percentage in a mix and as a stand alone flavour. Plus it shows you the recipes others have used the flavour in, flavour notes etc. Hope this helps lol
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors

you can also input your flavours into ‘My flavour Stash’ and click ‘what can I make’ and it should give you some recipes, I’ve never used that function but I’m presuming that’s what its for :+1:

awesome, ill try both ideas, thanks guys!! :grinning:

2 Likes

I don’t mean to be critical but the % here on ELR is plagued by tricksters, some are way off, you will do better researching each flavor externally. If you look on the flavor west web site http://flavorwest.com/ then read the descriptios for each flavor for instance:

Hazelnut Water Soluble Flavoring.
Ingredients: Natural and Artificial Flavoring and Propylene Glycol. USP Kosher Grade Flavoring. Usage Rate 15-20% for E-use. No Refunds on Flavoring. Color Level: Clear Yellow. Independently (ect)

where ELR has this:
Average mixing quantity: 1.7% (Median: 1%)
Minimum used quantity: 0.1%
Maximum used quantity: 7%

Unfortunately if you make a SF with even 7% max you will come up with weak juice.

likewise for FlavorArt
Orange
http://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/sweet/orange-flavor/
Good for beverages, liquers, sweets. An old fashioned flavor.
Suggested percentage 2-3%

ELR
Average mixing quantity: 1.1% (Median: 1%)
Minimum used quantity: 0.5%
Maximum used quantity: 3%

well well we got lucky on that flavor you would hit a home run with 3%

3 Likes

If you got to most of the vendor pages they have the description and usage suggestions from the manufacturer then compare to ELR’s info and go from there.

I found this one, by a user named jesse, that includes those flavors. I believe it may be from reddit originally, but it’s hard to tell when there’s a million variations. This is the oldest one on ELR. Either way, looks like it’d be what you’re after.

cereal killa

Ingredient %
Bergamot (FA) 1.5
Cake (Yellow) (FW) 2
Hazelnut (FW) 2
Lemon (FE) 3
Meringue (FA) 2
Orange (FA) 1
Sweet Tangerine (CAP) 1

Flavor total: 12.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes

Sorry to go off-topic, but how do you post recipes like that?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say plagued with tricksters. More like, as always, read read read the info all availble. With the concentrates that are less popular you just need to read more.

After that you need to embrace DIY. That’s why you need to get to know you let flavors. Work with flavors that are alittle more populated than FW hazelnut like haze grove FA. Ect.

What I would say is that if I had to use 15% on a single flavor I would move on. Unless you are trying to clone a vendor juice.

3 Likes

Click the blue wrench, then click on “Copy as HTML (text)”. Side note, it is a javascript thing (I believe) and doesn’t work with some mobile devices or browsers.

2 Likes

HA HA thats a good one

Thank you for that @JoJo! I’ve been wondering that as well for awhile now. Bookmarked!

1 Like

same (thought it a stupid noob question so avoided it lol) bookmarked also

2 Likes

Well, I’ve seen it asked before, but I never saw (or don’t remember seeing at least) any kind of definitive answer. So I wanted to let her know that it’s appreciated by more than just the person asking… :wink:

2 Likes

Yay! I’m not the only noob here! :smile:

3 Likes

I agree there are no tricksters on the internet :innocent: When I started mixing (2 weeks ago) I tried to just use the ELR single flavor recommendation for the house juice I was trying to make and it was way bland. even after reading everyone’s notes for the flavors. I mean who would suggest a single flavor 1% for any flavor unless it was a sweetener? Those 1%'ers are the ones i’m talking about, they may not be tricksters but I think maybe they don’t know what “single flavor” means? IDK… my other thoughts on this topic is that maybe everyone is using drippers and just like way low %'s? I know it took months to get my first vapable juice. :alien:

I’m embracing, saving ton$ of ca$h, and I LOVE you guys here on ELR. but I did have to go outside ELR to research better single flavor recommendations for the flavors I have.

1 Like

If you’re referring to TPA flavors I would mostly agree with you. But I can point you to many flavors that if used as a single flavor would be strong at 1%. Some even less than that. Just because you see 1% that doesn’t mean the info is wrong. Regardless of where you get your information, the truth is you will find what fits your own needs only after you try it. What may work for one person at a certain percentage may not be for you.

Where the flavor list shows percentages, I learned some time back that the information for those is derived from the flavor’s usage in recipes. For example, someone may make a 10% dilution of a flavor stored as a recipe…using FLV Lime for example. But I can’t imagine anyone ever using that flavoring at 10% in a recipe or as a single flavor. Yet this recipe’s use of the flavor gets rolled in to the average nonetheless. I wonder what your outside resource has to say about this or similar flavors.

Point is just because someone enters a particular recommended use of a flavor somewhere doesn’t mean it’s right for you, and certainly isn’t a hard and fast rule for the DIY community at large.

2 Likes

No worries. Embrace DIY…is all about the research. Atleast for me…there is so much info out there it’s great.

As for single flavors %'s. Yeah your right. FW and others sometimes do require a higher percent than 1%…from there you are correct taking into account flavors you are using…

For my DIY journey I skipped a lot of steps and jumped straight into FA concentrates with only acouple very popular tpa and cap flavors. For FA specifically 14% would be way to high as a general rule of thumb. Just think blackberry FA and billberry FA. 10% would be like vaping drain cleaner.

4 Likes

I agree 100%
Don’t start thinking I have a secret outside resource, its just research. at first I tried doing all the research reading ELR flavor notes and everything was just low. [quote=“Chrispdx, post:18, topic:80448”]
No worries. Embrace DIY…is all about the research
[/quote]
yep
and I’m not wanting to be critical of ELR it is the greatest resource for recipes and information but it takes a lot more work than just ELR flavor list research. What I have been doing more recently is adapting the recipe I have flavors for and if the flavor level looks low I mix it high by guess. Then when I taste it if its too strong flavored I have a calculation i use to dilute the juice down with a blank unflavored diluter that way the nic level and PG/VG stays where I like it and I can pre calculate my target flavor percents. My calculator wont work if it’s too low, when its too low I have to start all over and mix/steep a new test batch.

For me it’s so much simpler to add flavor to a weak batch than to dilute. Also it allows for greater single flavor control.

When I’m mixing a new creation, often I will mix lower percentages of flavors I’m a bit unsure of so they will be isolated. For example, say I want to make a coffee cake. If I decide I’m using 5 ingredients, 3 of which I know well and two I’m a bit uncertain of or how they’ll work, I’ll mix the 3 I’m used to and the percents I know I want them to be. Then I’ll add small amounts of the other flavors (sometimes together but more often one at a time) at a low percentage. Try the juice, then bump up according to what I’m tasting. This is most always done as SnV testing, and sometimes I’ll get disappointed once the juice is steeped. But it does work most of the time. If all I did was mix a strong batch and dilute, I would be reducing the potency of all flavors and that’s not going to help hone in on the target without some amazing luck happening.

3 Likes