Help pick the right flavor names

Most if not all of the confusion is due to the fact that anyone can type in a flavor name and, if it does not already exist, the recipe calculator’s database will accept it. It doesn’t help that vendors take it upon themselves to relabel/rename a flavor.

So using Flavour Art as an example, someone at some point (probably early in ELR’s existence) submitted the name Strawberry (FA) because that’s what their label said. Another person comes along and submits Strawberry (Red Touch) (FA) because that’s what their label said, even though it’s the same flavor.

And so it begins. Combine ELR’s name entry flaw with all the various brands and vendors out there and we get an epic cluster fuck.

TL;DR When searching a flavor name sort the RECIPES column first and then select the flavor with the largest number. With a few exceptions, your selection will be spot on.

11 Likes

So you like, really diggin’ the strawberry huh?

3 Likes

On my latest order from River Supply, I have a few flavors I’m uncertain of the correct name for inputting into “my flavor stash”.

Help on the following would be much appreciated:

Flavor Apprentice Strawberry - 2oz

La Caramel (Colorless) - 15ml

Flavor Revolution Vanilla Custard - 15ml

DIYFS Hazelnut - 15ml

FlavourArt Cinnamon Ceylon - 15ml

FlavourArt Blackberry - 15ml
https://riversupplyco.com/products/flavourart-blackberry

Molinberry Tobacco C - 15ml

5 Likes

Strawberry (TPA)
Vanilla Custard (Flavor Revolution)
Cinnamon (Ceylon, Cannella) (FA)
Blackberry (Mora) (FA)
Tobacco C (Molinberry)

Not really sure about caramel colourless lor ann and hazelnut diyfs

6 Likes

GREAT back and forth @JiM210, and @delltrapp. Working to keep @TorturedZen sane !!!

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Caramel (LA) :: Flavor list e-Liquid Calculator

There are 4 Hazelnuts DIYFS in the database. None of which are the correct convention.

4 Likes

Ah…too late for that.

7 Likes

@TorturedZen Should I be the first to add a fifth Hazelnuts DIYFS of the “correct convention”?

If so, what is correct?

3 Likes

Hazelnut (DIYFS) would be correct.

6 Likes

Thanks for the help. All my flavors are in now, correctly I believe.

6 Likes

Two flavor names I need help with

3 Likes

@JiM210

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer

I thought it might be the last one in this screenshot,
Sweet Betsey Cuberdon (Flavormonks)

4 Likes

3 Likes

No, the top I think is for diy made hazelnut, while the bottom is for diyfs hazelnut

3 Likes

Probably too late to answer this so it’s just an observation if nothing else.
The Hazelnut (DIYFS) would be the correct one. Even though it shows only 2 recipes it follows the naming convention exactly. It is capitalized (something that has become more of an exception than a rule sadly) and it has the correct manufacturer abbreviation in parentheses.

‘DIY’ has become a term that gets thrown around loosely and way too often. Using it incorrectly in terms of e-liquid just confuses. Going on @delltrapp’s statement above alludes that some people are making and using homemade Hazelnut extracts/concentrates, which I find highly unlikely.

7 Likes

Yes, it’s very unlikely that "169” people would be doing that. I selected the bottom one per @delltrapp . In the notes I added verbage stating that it is the correct name, and a link to this thread

6 Likes

That looks right @JiM210.

4 Likes

FA strawberry is red touch strawberry

5 Likes