Help please? Nicotine Question

I have an unopened bottle of nic that I forgot to freeze. How long is it good?

4 Likes

Off the top of my head…Try pouring a tiny bit out into a small glass or on a white plate to see how dark it is. A little amber color should be ok. Dark brown, probably not. Smell it from a safe distance and see if it smells fishy.

You might give a little more info, like how long you’ve had it, where you got it, what kind of temperature has it been sitting in?.

Then, maybe the pros can weigh in with some real insight. Paging @Nicotine_River !

8 Likes

You are right on the money my friend! I would have asked the same things. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the @! @Plunderdrum

8 Likes

I’ve had nic oxidize on me. As mentioned above, it smells almost fishy. It’s not pleasant at all. You can vape it, but it’s going to taste pretty bad, but it won’t hurt you.

2 Likes

Welcome back @Manda, and as others have said, if it’s dark, fishy, spicy or footy (hehe), and/or very dark, you will probably want to toss it. Not only does heavily oxidized NIC taste terrible, and wreck any recipe you put it in, many times, the NIC levels can/will be very reduced, making it even LESS useful.

You are very wise to mention freezing your NIC.

1 Like

It was sent in a plastic bottle, so now I’m worried about plastic leeching. Thank you for your help :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve had it for about a year, it’s been in a cool dark place the entire time unopened.

2 Likes

Probably okay then. Mix a few ml tester with some vg for a taste. If it’s okay decant into glass and freeze.

4 Likes