Help the new guy again please

ELR is great and everyone on here is so helpful. Ut can anyone recommend any other sites that have things to help me learn. Like flavor notes and tips and how to stuff or videos to watch. Please think back to when you first started and how difficult it was and what were some of the things that you really benefited from. Send me the links to that stuff please. I’m starting to make some stuff I can vape but i haven’t been able to make one thing that is really good yet. Believe me I’m trying hard because I’m drowning in a sea of flavorlessnes.

5 Likes

I learnt a lot from watching this channel mate.

Good luck in your journey, there is a lot of helpful people on this forum. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
6 Likes

Just be aware that some sites will overrun you with subtle and not-so-subtle vendor promotion, so keep your head on a swivel.

7 Likes

YouTube: Fresh03. His channel is named fresh03, and he has a series call from the kitchen. I would recommend going back to when the series started with Brian from about a year ago. It’s pretty informative.

8 Likes

I found it useful as well.

4 Likes

Here’s something you must keep in mind. I’m pretty damn sure not one person made great juice when they first began mixing. Yet we all thought we would and were disappointed. I blamed everything and myself when the truth is that it’s just learning curve everyone must go through. I mixed up all the top rated recipes here to the letter and I thought they all sucked wind. You need to just keep at it and one day in the not so distant future you’ll make one juice that you’ll think is pretty good. You’ll be on your way then.

After 4 years of mixing I’m at the stage where most juices I make are very satisfying. My taste buds have become very forgiving and I can vape damn near anything now and enjoy it. Just keep at it, you’ll get there.

15 Likes

Thank you for the very encouraging words. I’m not a quitter I will keep at it and get there soon enough I’m sure.

7 Likes

@Mike162 I have to assume before your foray into e-juice DIY you vaped a buncha commercial juice. Now you compare what you brew to that experience. One thing I think many will agree with is that one of the “sweetener” bases which give many commercial juices that “certain something”, is something we try to avoid. Sucralose is tasty but it wrecks your cotton and coils. If you’re using pre-made coils that leads to much greater expense.

Increased time and money in maintenance of your vaping rig is just one of the reasons seasoned Vapers (generally) frown on Sucralose. Once you’ve been mixing for awhile you discover it’s not necessary in every recipe. Me? I like sweet recipes but there are alternatives and often the flavors themselves add sweetness. Mostly, I’d say you have a pre-conceived notion how juice should taste. You’re like a kid who was raised on a strict diet of Doritos showing up to a 5-Star restaurant. That is why I quoted @natbone above. Truuue

ELR will expand your experience over time, and I have to thank Nat for capturing that little nugget up top. I think once you have more things to compare taste-wise, any pre-conceived expectations will fade. Only by whipping up many batches can you find something to strike that chord …and soon many things. Hang in bro. There’s no better place to chill… and no limit on what you can learn in here …and share!

9 Likes

Also, I found https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZLI1XjzsMa2msqte5ZDdtw (Mixin Vixens) to be a good resource for mixing ideas. Should check them out when you get a chance mate.

4 Likes

Look up flavor pairing charts. They have them for food. They can help you pair up the flavors you own. They provide inspiration from Chefs and foodie’s.

5 Likes

Thank you guys for being so supportive. I have been able to make one apple pie recipe that is not bad at all and a cheesecake recipe that has been steeping for 10 days now and I’m just waiting another week or so to give it a try and see how it tastes. I have been spending hours flavor testing and taking notes. I know I will get there soon enough and with the help I’m getting on here I think it won’t be long before I make at least one recipe I can be proud of.

7 Likes

If anyone is willing to try my apple pie recipe and give me some feedback it would be extremely helpful.

3 Likes

That Apple Pie looks well put together. I think I have everything except the Sweetness. I can sub something else.

3 Likes

cool please let me know what you think of it Im looking for feedback to see if im on the right track.

4 Likes

Bear in mind we’re all different. And also, the ‘right track’ honestly is whether you enjoy the recipes. Jim might really love, slightly enjoy, or even deeply loathe that recipe but it is still just his opinion… point being please be sure to mix for yourself unless you decide someday to produce your own retail line.

7 Likes

Yes sir I totally understand, just wanting to know if the recipe makes any sense at all. It is good to me and even some of my friends want me to make them some. So I think it works just wanted to get an outside perspective.

7 Likes

LoL
Rule #1 Always Sell What They’re Buying. Votes from friends/customers work$.
Rule #2 Never make it look too easy :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hey Jim did you ever get a chance to test my apple pie recipe? If you did what did you think? I feel like it is missing something. I feel like I have an apple pie filling but im missing the pie if you know what I mean.

2 Likes

@Mike162 I haven’t mixed anything since before you posted the recipe. I’ll get around to it but it may be quiet awhile.

2 Likes