Help the new guy please

Can anyone take a look at my BlackBerry raspberry cheesecake recipe it’s missing that creaminess of a real cheesecake. And if there is anything else you see wrong with it please let me know. It tastes good to me just not creamy enough. Take a look at my flavor stash do I have something that might help? Thanks everyone

5 Likes

First, let me ask how long this has steeped. I would add some Fresh Cream maybe at 1% Fresh cream won’t change the profile so it should work fine. You could also use FA’s Custard at about 1% and even the vanilla whipped cream should work at about 1.5%.

Of course, you would put whatever Percentage works for you. Good Luck

7 Likes

Not steeped yet just the profile I get off a shake and vape. Will try out your suggestions thanks

5 Likes

You are welcome. I don’t know how long you have been doing DIY so if what I say next is common knowledge then just ignore it.

After a steep of 2 to 3 weeks the cheesecake should give off a decent creamy mouthfeel but I would still add the cream. Also, I’m not sure how much you made but you could split it up 3 ways and put one of your creams into each bottle and see which you like the best after the steep.

8 Likes

Been mixing for 3 weeks so nothing at this point is common knowledge to me. LOL. I will do that for sure thanks. Did you notice anything about the recipe that might be wrong or muting at all?

7 Likes

have you mixed a recipe that you like?

As for the recipe, it looks good to me. I am not familiar with the Blackberry but after reading through the notes it looks like a decent percentage. If you don’t know yet, you can click on a flavor and it will take you to the notes. They are very helpful (for the most part) you can find out what the average percentage is for SFT (Single Flavor Test) and for a recipe.

4 Likes

In my experience, every cheesecake I’ve made needs weeks to develop. I give them a month minimum and 2-3 is even better. A problem that can arise though is other flavors may fade, in particular the fruits can do this. If it happens I just add a bit more.

Also, I’ve yet to find a single cheesecake that works alone. I use YWC but add another such as NYCC or CGC. Getting ratios right is just trial and error.

8 Likes

The only flavors that don’t need steeping are fruits. Creams 2 to 3 weeks tobacco’s 1 to 2 months.
What I do is rotate my stock. On a shelf I put the new mixs in the back of the shelf as I add more the back moves to the front. I get about 3 week steep this way.
Just remember " steeping is mixers hell"
Enjoy we are here to help. Leadpipe58.

6 Likes

Try Using Yes We Cheesecake with the FW cheesecake and CAP Creamy Yogurt…Drop the brown sugar , golden butter…Use V1 GC instead Push the fruits up a bit since the are competing with the creams etc drop the Swertness to .25 …Also let yiur mix steep , there is no way Your recipe as is will taste great off the shake…Patience , Patience , Patience …Simple recipes will win all the time…

Btw you might not even need the GC …I get GC from the Yes We Cheesecake so instead of using a GC that has a cinnamon note drop the GC all together. if you think you still need more crust add a different bakery but low something like FA cookie

9 Likes

Thank you everyone, thanks to you guys I’m finally starting to grasp who recipes work.

6 Likes

What about coffee drinks DIY how long do they need to steep? Thank you

6 Likes

Probably at least a month. Waiting is certainly no fun.

7 Likes

Dan would it be to much to ask you to look at my flavor stash and help me come up with 2 or three very strong flavorful shake and vape recipes? I stopped buying commercial juice and have been vaping my bad recipes for 3 weeks and I’m dying for some flavor if I just had a few recipes to vape on while I learn it would be much more bearable. Maybe be something like a lemon lime or just anything that packs some good flavor.

5 Likes

As a new mixer…don’t fall into the shake & vape habit or the quick steep schemes. Only a fair amount of time will benefit your recipes (unless you have a homogenizer)

8 Likes

What about fruit mixes? Aren’t they okay to shake and vape?

6 Likes

No mixes are fully matured immediately after mixing. Some can have good flavor right away but the profile will change over time until homogenization is complete.

As for-

You can shake and vape any mix you want. It isn’t dangerous or anything. They just won’t be accurate to the intended profile.

7 Likes

Cap sweet mango 5%
FW blood orange 4%
Sweeten to taste. Let sit overnight and don’t make much over what you’ll vape in a few days. It will likely be too strong within about 10 days.

6 Likes

Listen to what @TorturedZen and @anon70102222 just said about wawaiting…Yes things can taste good immediately but that recipe will change over time…While you are learning to mix you should ve testing the recipe after you mix , the next day , 5 days , 1 week , 2 weeks , 3 and 4 weeks so YOU see how the flavors develope …Yes you can get a homogenizer , but imo the homogenizer is not a beginner tool…It will not help you learn how to mix , it will not teach you how to pair Fruits with the right creams , not right creams but the best creams for said fruit …Your recipes are getting better by the day . Just keep mixing and reading and trying different layers. What onr mixer likes another may not…You just gotta keep at it and experiment , there are no quickie fixes to learning how to mix

6 Likes

Yes sir I’m still working at it every day and I feel like I’m getting better and I’m taking notes and really trying to identify flavors. I feel bad bugging people on here to help me with things. I will continue to do flavor tests and take notes and I’m sure with time I will come up with something I can vape. I really appreciate all the help.

10 Likes

I guarantee you aren’t bugging anyone.

10 Likes