Help with a chew recipe

Can anyone help with recommendations how to create the chew part of a recipe like the chew part of old fashioned chewits.

4 Likes

I don’t know what Chewits are, never had them. But I would imagine from the description this would be a good start.

5 Likes

I think Chew Its are a somewhat hard candy that you can chew into a gum and they are sour… Used to get a handful of those and some Thrills for 5 cents a piece at the candy machines

4 Likes

Chewits are a bit like starburst sweets if that helps

5 Likes

I recently solo tested this one @10% and found it very good.
It sort of reminded me of VT Fizzy Sherbet but a little more fruity and not quite as “fizzy”.
That reads like it tastes bugger all like it but you get my drift!
Thoroughly enjoyed it either way and I would say it’s similar to chewits/ starbursts. Might be worth a go.

6 Likes

These are the what you are describing, they remind me of the old Opal Fruits sweets that I had as a kid.
https://chewits.co.uk/

6 Likes

Will give the FW a go Gaza, that’s the ones Lucas ( didn’t think there was anyone as old as me on here lol.

6 Likes

I grew up in England and remember chewits. I seem to remember a tv advert with a monster chewing buildings etc too?

5 Likes

Haha you got it Gaza I think it was Godzilla stomping around :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

“Opal Fruits, made to make your mouth water”… that’s how old I am hahaha :crazy_face:

3 Likes

'Tis a classic

5 Likes

That’s the one.

Who says advertising doesn’t work. Funny the things you remember although as I’m getting older those ‘things’ seem to be fading!

3 Likes