Help with a lemon sponge sugar cookie recipe what you think? all suggestions is welcome

i want a little help to create a sucessfull recipe i hope you can help me out so i dont waste my flavors:)

6 Likes

5 Likes

Dude, I will add a little something until others that know more about lemon respond.

I would ditch the Fluffy white cake, drop the vanilla cupcake to 1 and use a different lemon. That lemon is more of a candy lemon, which isn’t bad, just wrong for this recipe IMO.

Go and look at @heatho72 recipes that do lemon cake. He has quite a few and he is quite good at it. Hopefully, he is able to respond.

here is one of his lemon cake recipes.
4/20 Lemon Cake : Check cookies

2.00% Angel Cake (SC) (WF)
2.00% Custard Premium (FA)
0.75% Frosting (Flavorah)
0.15% Lemon (MF)
1.50% Lemon Cake (INAWERA)
3.00% Lemon Meringue Pie (CAP)
1.00% Sour Lemon (VTA)
0.50% Sweetness (Flavorah)

Flavor total: 10.9%
Remember to rate it at: Check cookies

9 Likes

okey bro i noticed that the lemon taste more like candy

6 Likes

Are you going for cookie or a cake ? Maybe a soft cookie not sure but my question to you is how do you like your recipe?

6 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes covered the main questions about the blend. I am pondering the profile.

6 Likes

Check out Chemnovatic Lemon Cream Wafer. It’s a winner. It could be a big help to your goal of a decent lemon/bakery concoction. Their Lemon flavors are also really potent and could help you.

8 Likes

i want that sponge eggy cake flavor is you know what i mean? my angle cake is out of my stock. i want that eggy sponge cake flavor

7 Likes

I did a Lemon Cookie but without the sponge …

The Golden Sponge Cake (OOO) is supposed to be very good and I picked it up just for the profile you speak of, however I am still testing that flavor…

6 Likes

Man, that sounds difficult to me. Sponge cakes are light and springy yet eggy. Made by whipping egg whites. So how would we make an eggy yet light vape?

Hmm, I like the sound of it. Be sure to let us know bro. :grin:
There I am now “watching” the thread. Too many times I forget to do that and end up missing some great discussions

@min0 I wonder if the egg can be had with Flavour Art/Flavour Creative premium custard. It’s eggy and if used at a low percentage you can get the egg and mouthfeel without the “heavy” custard. Hopefully, some more seasoned mixers will chime in.

6 Likes

Brilliant idea @Dan_the_Man :star_struck:
I always forget about the Custard Premium, I do have the Golden Sponge Cake mixed up at 3%, think I’ll try it solo and then with 0.5 of the custard added…

7 Likes

I like the sound of that, Custard Premium is much better in bakeries for me. Also wonder if a bit of WF Flapper Pie might be able to help here it loves that custard too.
You could use a touch of each, but then you risk killing the cake part if you are too heavy handed with the creams.

8 Likes

I haven’t used the Flapper much myself, but I’ll play along. Also using @INOIROC’s LCW idea…although that’s one of my go-to’s.
I just mixed this one up, taste like a Lemon Cream Twinkie, hehe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

ooh, that sounds good but I can’t justify even more flavor purchases. :unamused:

I gotta say, that Wonder Flavors has some really nice concentrates. I would love to get the whole line but… :musical_note: "Money, money, money :musical_keyboard:

Anywho, I guess Flapper Pie is now on my shopping list.

8 Likes

Very true! :+1:
Most, like the flapper pie are fairly versatile and are quite happy to be the main note or an accent, dependent on what you are chasing.

9 Likes

Whoa! I just retested this mix after a steep, I’m getting a burnt peppery taste, looks like the Golden Sponge Cake OOO is a big fail :worried:

7 Likes

Man, all of the other reviews are so positive! Makes me wonder if they reformulated. I assume you’re familiar enough with all of the other ingredients to have confidently ruled them out. Bummer, dude!

6 Likes

Yeah, I also had the sponge mixed up at 3% single and immediately wicked it up, BAD stuff IMO.
the Bummer part is I bought a 30ml of that one :man_shrugging: (normally only get 10’s of new flavors)…

7 Likes

I know you know what you are doing but could you tell me the percentages you tested at? I ask because I have had some real crap but taken way down to .15% it comes out good.
I can’t remember if you already told us

4 Likes

You quoted me…
3%

4 Likes