Help with a scale?

Hey guys! First off, I was awarded New User of the Month! Which was really cool, but I’m kinda wonderin if everybody gets that badge on their first month, lol… On to my real question;
I’m buyin my first scale, and I could use some advice from you, oh wise and learned ELR forum members… I’ve got an account with Liquid Barn and that’s where I got my nicotine, some bottles, and my first 10 flavors… They’ve got the LB 501 scales, which seem to be the standard, from what I’ve seen… They’re $35 and include 5 of their awesome bottles…
I was just wonderin if there’s a cheaper alternative on Amazon, cause I’ve got Prime… Or should I just spend the 35 bucks and get a decent set of scales?
Also, are there any good sites where I can get flavors from different brands, like Cappella, Flavorah, etc, at a good price?
Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks, guys!

3 Likes

I had the same question and this was the answer. Also, if you’re a prime member then I would get it from there. Here is a link of the one most everybody recommends

https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scales-LB-501-Digital/dp/B005UGBG20/ref=sr_1_3?crid=9R6O9824WELK&keywords=lb501+digital+scale&qid=1563382552&s=gateway&sprefix=lb+501%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-3

3 Likes

I didn’t know ELR did New User of the Month.

6 Likes

That really depends on your location

4 Likes

Hold on time out … Thats a badge I never got wtf just kidding , obviously not everyone gets that badge damn it

5 Likes

Got my last ine at Wal-Mart.com… As long as it comes with the power cord and the two calibration weights it all good… I paid 27 and it included shipping

4 Likes

Lol. That’s where I got mine too. Shipping time was pretty decent.

4 Likes

Good old wally world… I was actually surprised they had it.

3 Likes

With LB shipping cost figured in the prices will be similar probably.

3 Likes

@Musicmixologist $29.00 here, $35.00 there, it’s all good. That scale just makes everything soo much easier, faster, cleaner, it’s worth twice the price if you ask me. I don’t know anyone who actually leaves that bowl sitting on the scale (but you could), so don’t let the stock images lead you astray. Great scale, plug it in, never powers down, and most (maybe not all) come WITH the two cal weights, which are just too damned simple to use, you can cal anytime you feel the urge.

Highly recommended, regardless of how much, or where you get it.

3 Likes

Good to meet you, it’s great here. I didn’t get that badge, I checked back through my history, so it truly is on merit.
I use cheap digital scales with a lid from Amazon UK, which I originally got for weighing smaller amounts of yarn. I got another set just for liquid because I couldn’t pour neatly for quite a while; there’s still vg residue after a year+ and many cleans.
I’ve found the most complete range at The Alchemist’s Cupboard, which will deliver outside the UK. The also do blind selection packs of concentrates for cheap (party bags), and that’s how I built up a varied collection quickly and relatively cheaply

Hope that helps

4 Likes