Help with cotton choice

Maybe I missed it in the comments but I am wanting to try Rayon to see how it works but couldnt really find it online…any suggestions as to where I might be able to pick some up?

2 Likes

PM an address and i’ll send you a bag

4 Likes

If you have any beauty supply stores in your area just pick some up there comes in a giant blue box. It’ll be cheaper than paying the shipping on such a big box. There about 12$ for a life time supply nj lol.If ya have trouble finding it ask for the stuff they use to wrap perms.

4 Likes

I believe rayon is made from cellulose derived from wood pulp. Whiterose sent me a bag (tyvm) and now it’s pretty much all I use. If I want to use cotton, it’s either Native Wicks Platinum or Cotton Bacon V2.

4 Likes

Thanks! Im pretty new here so I cant figure out how to PM you lol

1 Like

Right on! I definitely appreciate it! Looking forward to seeing how it works. Thanks!

2 Likes

I agree. I happen to have spent damn near my whole life working with polymers, which is why I won’t use rayon. Both rayon and Japanese cotton have pretty much the same wicking rate. Rayon is tasteless from the get go, cotton requires a few hits to break it in. What I don’t like about rayon is that when it’s heated it outgases ammonia, acetone, cyanide gas and depending on how the wood pulp was processed, possibly formaldehyde. Good video by the way.

7 Likes

Good info, Ill try stick with cotton, I’ve done enough of damage to myself with stinkies, no more. But did you test rayon chemically?

2 Likes

The video isn’t very scientific but it at least it gives us an idea of the wicking properties and a decent comparison.

2 Likes

I didn’t personally, but the industry and allergists have. Always good to know the materials you work with.

1 Like

I’ve been using the “puffs” and Cotton Bacon V2. Bacon is better but wondering about the Gold Edition Cotton by Kendo. I just bought some. What do you notice - any difference?

1 Like

I tried the Gold edition Kendo cotton but I liked the Cotton Bacon V2 the best of those two.I use the Cellucotton/Rayon for 99% of my builds.

1 Like

I have some kendo gold on the way, I’ve heard good reports so far. I’d really like to try rayon but all the boxes of it I seen were £50+.

3 Likes

Oh wow! That’s a lot of money. No no no no…

1 Like

Are you in the UK?
I am not sure where would be the best place to look but here is a picture of the product we are using .In the states you can find it at some stores that carry hair and beauty supplies.
https://www.amazon.com/Graham-CelluCotton-Beauty-Fibers-44060/dp/B00PBF8PAG/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1478473826&sr=8-1&keywords=rayon+44060

I tested it last night. The Kendo is supposed to be more heat resistant because of the type of cotton it comes from and they “claim” (big word) it lasts twice as long. Not sure if I’m buying that… but I will try it.

The flavor was not bad (very good in fact) but it didn’t seem to absorb the liquid as quickly as the Bacon V2 when I put the liquid on it. It kept up when I was chain vaping, didn’t dry out at all. I just cant get enough information about it from people who have used it.

They don’t use any pesticides growing the cotton it comes from but they don’t bleach it at all either. I guess I’m wondering how it can be clean enough to vape with it if they aren’t using any kind of bleaching agent on it.

1 Like

I’m going to chime in here…everyone on this thread pay attention:
I have tried many many many cottons and rayon and have concluded that the absolute best that I have tried to date is:
Kendo Gold.
It is absolutely outta this world!
When first wetting it down, it almost wants to repel the juice…but give it a few seconds, or, do what I do…just kinda push the juice into the cotton with tweezers or something.
I’ll put myself out there if any one needs help using it. But get it! No doubt whatsoever, best cotton ever.
EDIT: Kendo Gold is much better than regular Kendo!

2 Likes

I’m in Ireland but mostly buy from uk stores, it’s usually much cheaper. That’s the very box I looked at on amazon. #44060, £108.11.

2 Likes

Your timing is exceptional. I got a deal on kendo gold. 3 packets for £9.99. That probably wouldn’t be a good deal in the states but it damn well is here lol.

2 Likes

I will give the Kendo Gold another try with that recommendation.

2 Likes