Help with cotton choice

Hi fellas,

I normally wick all my tanks with kendo gold Cotton’s, I find it superior to all other cotton. Now on my wismec theorem, I could not get the kendo gold to work, all I get is dry hit. I tried once using Japanese cotton and it worked perfectly. Any advice on the matter to clear out the issue here?

3 Likes

Try rayon. If you need a sample, PM me an address and I’ll send you a bag.

9 Likes

I’m new to the game of rebuilding. I use the Pima cotton found at eciggity. Seems to work great. Needs a touch of break in. But it seems to keep up with me…even on a bad wicking job. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have used regular Japanese cotton and cotton bacon with no problem I cut mine to about the middle of the tank . I don’t go all the way down to the deck. I haven’t had a problem . Idk maybe it was just that cotton . Hope you get it worked out

1 Like

What is rayon ? Just a different type of cotton?

1 Like

Rayon is this stuff on top of pills in some medicine bottles. Like if you buy vitamins or ibuprofen sometimes it is rayon. Many say it is awesome to use!

1 Like

its a processed cotton…its pretty incredible stuff.
PM your address and i’ll send you a sample

3 Likes

Hmm interesting … thanks

1 Like

OK sweet I’d like to give it a try . Thanks

2 Likes

With the kendo gold cotton, I let it hang too so that it won’t touch the bottom. I love this stuff but in this case with the theorem really poor performance, the cotton burns up very quickly. Maybe these kendo golds are meant to hover over the juice channel? I’ll try and post back.

Thanks for the offer mate but I am from Australia :frowning:

1 Like

So i rewicked again, this time trying less kendo gold cottons. the cotton just burns up, thats it. I think it does not work for longer lengths maybe? so far I have only been wicking normal tanks, the genie type theorem uses a lot more cotton than others, so could be that.
Anyway, it still remains unsolved :frowning:

Nope,won’t work that way. Really the Kendo will work. Here, check out Rip Trippers video of the wicking. It’s how I’m doing it (I used Cotton Bacon V2) and you’ll have a better understanding I think. I got the video link to start right at the wicking part which is just under 8 minutes in.

2 Likes

thanks mate, thats exactly the way I have wicked it using the KD, super dry hit and burns. Tried more and less still no change. But as soon as using jap cotton, all is well. I dont mind using the jap cottons, I would just like to know if anyone knows the reason behind this.

Rayon can be purchased very inexpensively at any beauty supply store…

I will buy some to try out, also the Kendo Gold is a lot like Rayon (info from reviews).

I blame @whiterose0818 for my addiction to rayon. It really kicks ass.

2 Likes

I’ll accept people like to use rayon, but personally I’m concerned with the outgassing. After all, it is a man made polymer. I find Japanese cotton to work as well, not as cheap tho.

4 Likes

I like rayon better than anything I have tried including organic cottons , hemp ,ss mesh and ceramic but people should only use what they are comfortable with and what works best for them.I strongly suggest before anyone decides to use anything for vaping including flavors, wires ,batteries,wicks … they research for themselves.
http://www.flavourart.co.uk/news/rayon-wick-possible-side-effects-and-causes.html

7 Likes

+1 for rayon. It’s easy to wick you just wick it as tight as you can no sweet spot like cotton. Stays cleaner longer and tastes better in general. Also you can pick up a life time supply for 12$. From my understanding rayon is made from processed wood pulp. So even if I get a dry hit no biggie man has been breathing in wood smoke forever.

2 Likes