Help with DYI flavoring (or) extract

My all-time favorite vape juice is black walnut and coffee.

I discovered it when mixing my favorite flavors. Couldn’t find clear black walnut flavoring so I used flavoring from the store in the baking section, probably not good to use for vaping.

I set out to make my own, only every recipe calls for 90% alcohol so I was wondering if I could boiled the alcohol out would that work?

5 Likes

Don’t do it mate, there are far too many health risks involved if you start inhaling things like this including lipid pneumonia which can be fatal. If you want naturally extracted coffee flavours that are safe for vaping then look into something like this.

10 Likes

@raspberrynutt Yeah bro. 100% do not do that. Try something new you like and go that route.

7 Likes

Not gonna touch this one. Too many red flags!

10 Likes

@raspberrynutt Why you worried about “clear” yet willing to use some unknown grocery store food flavoring that may not be safe to vape?

Attached is a search for “Black Walnut” flavor from ELR https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors

There’s a bunch of them. Look at each one and in the flavor information is a list of where to buy that flavor. Pick up a few coffee flavorings while your at it. Then you can have fun making a Black Walnut and Coffee from the separate flavors.

7 Likes

Thanks for the warning, duly noted, greatly appreciated. And thanks for the sight link.

6 Likes

Thanks, for the warning, greatly appreciated.

6 Likes

To many red flags???
Show me one…

3 Likes

I failed to mention that the black walnut discolored the tank and coil and caused the coil to burn up. So I thought clear would work. but couldn’t find any.
Thanks for info. I appreciate it.

5 Likes

My reply was based on…

That right there says you jumped in the pool before testing the water. In other words, additional DIY knowledge might be warranted.

3 Likes

That right there does not say that I jumped in before testing the waters. And even if I did, how is that a red flag? I came on here asking for advice (doing MORE research).

Additional DYI knowledge is very warranted that’s why I asked. DUH

In my additional DYI knowledge research I have read other forum that gave an impression that food flavoring was useable for vaping. However, I knew there was a difference.

You said “Not gonna touch this one” and then procreated to say “to many red flags”. Not gonna touch this one is what you should have done instead of making it out to look like I’m trying to trap someone or that I’m committing a conspiracy of some sort.

If you can’t be helpful, Say nothing at all.

1 Like

Trap someone? Committing a conspiracy? LOL. Are you prone to over-reacting much or was this just a good opportunity?
My initial comment was not meant to offend, and if that’s how you took it then you have my apology. But don’t get all aggressive because you don’t like how someone replies!

8 Likes

I apologies as well. Point taken. Maybe we both gained some
wisdom from this.
Thank you

5 Likes