Help with RFSC Vanilla Ice Cream

Good day all! Been doing some SFT on a few new to me flavors and I am stumped on the RFSC Vanilla Ice Cream.
It tastes and smells like brown sugar! The concentrate is almost black in color in the bottle. Extremely bitter tasting undiluted (not recommended). I mixed this up at 6% as there are not many notes on the recipe side and the 6 % was what others had tried. It has been steeped for a month and I vaped it at 1 week and it tastes like brown sugar! Second week and it seemed to mellow some but still Brown Sugar! I tried it again today and it has not changed much from the results of week 2. My vaping set up is a dual coil rda measuring .33 ohm’s and I vaped it at 45 watts.
I am wondering if I have another mislabeled bottle from BCF!

3 Likes

I haven’t used any RF SCs that high. I mix most of mine @ .25 to 1.5% You might get better test results at 1.5 or 2% and work your way up or down if needed.

9 Likes

I’ll second that!

@atssec97, I just checked the flavor page, and the median of 6% came from just 5 recommendations. If you look at actual usage in all 250 recipes, the median is 2%. But even that number is skewed by someone who tried it at 8%!

Best advice was given above by PV. You can always go higher if 1 or 2% doesn’t cut it. Or lower.

8 Likes

Whoops! Thanks for the heads up.

4 Likes

Back to the drawing board! haha will mix up a new batch at lower %'s and see if I get anything other than the brown sugar i’m getting now!
Thanks for the help guys!

7 Likes

it’s still the same flavoring. Couldn’t you just do some dilutions? Like fill a 10ml 1/3 full of your steeped 6% and top it off? The ELR Calc should help you be precise.

8 Likes

Most excellent idea doing a dilution! I am still fairly new with DIY so when you folks offer suggestions I listen! Thanks for the help, very much appreciated!

6 Likes

How goes the testing? Did it work out at a lower %?

4 Likes

Honestly, not really. I did a dilution of my original 10ml sample. Put 5ml of the 6% in a bottle and added additional pg/vg to bring it back to 10ml and it still tasted like Brown Sugar to me.
Also did a new batch at 1,2,3,%'s and all were varying levels of brown sugar! At 1 & 2% the taste was barely noticeable but there and 3 % I could taste it. But was just a weaker version of my original 6% mix. So in conclusion I have a 10ml (8.5ml) bottle of Vanilla Ice Cream (SC) (RF) for sale cheap! Or I can find a recipe that needs a touch of Brown Sugar and use it there!
I think there are much better concentrates available for this profile so I won’t be reordering this one!

7 Likes

Sometimes it’s a crap shoot man. Have you tried Vanilla Ice Cream by Liquid Barn. I get good results and people say no peppery shit like CAPs gives you.

3 Likes

Or sometimes just crap! :rofl: Yes sir, I use several others I really enjoy the LB concentrate and have had good luck with Cap’s and TPA versions. I personally have had no issues with peppery taste that I have read about!
I’m actually vaping on some now, was supposed to be a remix of a juice called Southern Brew but lines of communications got crossed and the profile I was creating site un vaped turned out to be totally different than what I was trying to make! But what I made turned out to be pretty good! Still needs some tweaking but it’s tasty and vapable!

4 Likes

OK cool. Recipe marked Private tho…

3 Likes

Sorry! I may need some education here! I did the blue wrench and share privately, what do I do next? Or can you see the recipe now? I can’t copy the url from the new box at the bottom of the page!

Only reason I was sharing is that I noticed you were a fan of Almond and Toasted Almond flavorings as I made your Almond Milk recipe!

3 Likes

I got some recently and mixed it at 2% with 3% RFSC Butter Pecan Pie (and 0.5% Now Glycerite Stevia) and it was a decent batch of juice but the ice cream notes seemed a bit weak. I have a batch steeping with 2% VIC and 2.5% RFSC Hazelnut (no stevia this time). It is my first time ever using any sort of VIC concentrate so I don’t have anything to compare it to unfortunately. If the hazelnut ice cream mix still seems weak I will probably try bumping it up to 2.5 or 3%.

3 Likes

I’ll try to remeber to post here but have an orange icecream vape steeping along with 6 other testers. Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

Click the Blue Wrench… at the bottom of the dropdown menu is “Share URL privately”. Now at the very bottom of that Recipe you can see “URL to share privately:” …right click in that box and choose “Copy” …then “Paste” it in here …looking forward to it :wink: Thx for the share

6 Likes

How cool is that! Appreciate your tutelage! I think the big red no go circle threw me off when i hovered over the new url!
Its surprising how closely this resembles, taste wise to Zen’s Vanilla Almond Milk!

3 Likes

I see it now.

2 Likes

This topic is old, but I just reread it and thought that there could have been a mix-up when the vendor poured this bottle and you actually got Brown Sugar RFSC with a VIC label.

It’s definitely happened before, and RF didn’t use 10ml bottles that I recall, so this probably came from ECX or somewhere like that.

I don’t taste any Brown Sugar at all in their VIC.

4 Likes