Here's the link to submit your information to receive your stimulus payment NOT A SCAM

If you aren’t required to file for a tax return due to your income being non-taxable or if you’re income is below the taxable threshold…

TurboTax.com has a link to submit your info to get your stimulus check. You have to sign in to your TurboTax account, if you have one.

I’m not sure what you have to do if you don’t have an account.

Since I have one, I just signed in and it said “your information has been submitted, please check your email or check back here to verify your information has been accepted.”

I found this on this article:

9 Likes

Super huge help @Wombatred26. This will probably get used a lot. Thank you for sharing.

6 Likes

(Epoch Times, April 5, 2020):

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) created a new stimulus check registration website on Saturday for the 10 million or so Americans who didn’t file income tax because they didn’t make enough.

Source: https://www.theepochtimes.com/turbotax-irs-start-free-website-for-americans-who-dont-file-taxes_3299306.html/amp

The above-linked web-site shows zero evidence of being formally associated with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). It appears to simply be a TurboTax website - hoping to enlist some paying customers. :thinking:

3 Likes

Geez, I keep forgetting to do my taxes! Is it any wonder?

3 Likes

IRS reports they have/will trim their in-person staff significantly (due to pandemic). For that reason, filing a Tax Return online would probably be much quicker and more efficient (as opposed to via paper form sent via snail-mail). I read that ~90% file online (I personally have not, not trusting computers much).

5 Likes

Gone are the days of filing paper taxes for me. I can use TurboTax- Intuit for free but no matter, I have a mental block when it comes to taxes.

6 Likes

I used TurboTax.com to file free. Because I had $0 in taxable income, I still have to mail my stuff in but it allowed me to print out the results after doing all the work for free…

You just have to be certain to select the free option when/if it gives you the choice to upgrade.

It didn’t offer me an upgrade but my husband was offered an upgrade twice during his. We made sure we checked the free option and weren’t charged a dime.

4 Likes

Is that because (somebody) wants an original (inked, rather than an electronic testament) signature ?

3 Likes

It’s because Turbo-Tax charges when you decide to do e-filing. Their basic free is very basic. There are several completely free e-file options out there.

5 Likes

It’s sort of like @anon70102222 said. If I had SOME taxable income, I could e-file, but because my income is ZERO zero…My tax return has to be physically mailed but the information is still available on the website for the stimulus thing.

3 Likes

I’m still confused. You said that you had some form of Federal/Military post-employment income. It may not be (at all) subject to federal income tax - but you would (I presume) still enter it in (and the calcs surrounding filling-out the tax return would not assess federal income tax on those amounts).

It seems that all you need to accomplish is to inform the IRS of your bank (routing and account number) information. Are you saying that the IRS online-filing form will not allow you to enter in that (bank) data - unless you are owed (by the IRS) some amount of taxes (overpaid) refund ? That would be pretty lame - but the IRS has a way of being ever brain-dead, alright. And their staff is being reduced (slowing snail-mail intake processing, no doubt).

I get direct-deposit SS retirement amounts - so I am personally covered on this matter. When I have checked the IRS web-site recently (for their promised web-page that was to allow folks to enter in bank information, stated to occur in a “few weeks”), there is still no information (other than the initial text posted around the beginning of April). So, best of luck with those perennial jive-turkeys (the IRS).

This April 5, 2020 USA Today article appears to warn of possible/probable IRS-caused delays:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/04/coronavirus-stimulus-outdated-technology-could-delay-checks-experts-say/5112012002/

3 Likes

Exactly right! Because I have no taxable income, there is no option to enter my bank information.

I do receive my VA payments via direct deposit so there’s a slim possibility that I MAY receive the stimulus check that way.

But it’s not guaranteed, since it’s not through the IRS or SSA…

2 Likes

I would think (given those coming “negative interest rates” desired and encouraged by expert administrators and legendary weasels) that the Feds would appreciate the opportunity to simply automatically siphon your money out of your bank accounts with their hungry revenue-suction-bot-toads. I, for one, am glad that (the brain-dead IRS) does not have my own bank account info ! :nerd_face:

Royal FUBAR - Tango Bozo Dumbo (to be demolished). I could refer to the law as passed and signed (once again) - but it appears that what is (not) going on per some fairly detailed instructions from Congress in the language has become merely “wishful thinking”. World Class “Goobermental” Lame-itude Epidemic, for sure ! … :roll_eyes: … The Munchkins are too busy enriching Oligarchs to feed the poor.

3 Likes

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/10/irs-stimulus-relief-check-portal-launches-how-to-get-stimulus-check.html

3 Likes

from the IRS

4 Likes

Ah man, I have actually forgot to do my taxes once again!! Has any of you guys actually used this thing? Is it worthy trying?! It sounds really great that you can use the Turbotax services in order to fill in for the taxes, however I do not really understand why they made this kind of service, free. I mean, they could actually earn a fortune out of it. I am right now working on a new type of adult payment processing system, as I really know how stupid some of these systems are nowadays. It would be great to integrate this system to Turbotax.

2 Likes

I did it, before posting it. It is actually from the IRS. If you are a non-filer, as in: you are not required to file your taxes for a refund, you can go to the IRS.gov website, SOMEWHERE on there is this link. Or you can follow the link just above your post. They may have changed it to an updated one but this was the one, at the time.

3 Likes