Hibiscus and Cherry Blossom

I just wanted some input on these two flavors from TFA. I have never gotten them before and was just wondering what they would go good with or if they are good flavors at all for that matter.

Really!?! No one has anything to say about these two flavors? I am really regretting buying them now…

The only time I eve had hibiscus was by Beard. I forget the number but its was a hibiscus cotton candy vape. I didnt really care for it. Hibiscus was very floraly to me.

1 Like

@Shaner has a note here, and there are a few recipes on Cherry Blossom: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/3409

No notes, but some recipes on Hibiscus: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/3408

2 Likes

Thanks @Damondo and @death!!! Much appreciated input!

1 Like

@JoJo made some recipes with hibiscus too, you can find them in this topic;
http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/recipes-and-help-with-floras-and-the-like?source_topic_id=27605

2 Likes

I want to get some hibiscus. As for the cherry blossom it’s good I’ve paired it w/ other cherries. But it pairs well with chocolates, bakeries, cookie and macaroons( coconut )

I always seems to start to low bc the scent is strong but around 2.5-3.5 % has been where I appreciate it the most. Ymmv.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tips @Josephine_van_Rijn and @Amy2 they look like they will be very helpful because I have never tried a flavoring quite like these before!

2 Likes

I’ve used them both a lot but I don’t have any of the recipes posted here…you can always do the tradition Hibiscus blackberry lemonade variations or hibiscus punch types

Cherry blossom is nice and light, almost flora in taste with a hint of cherry. Out of all the cherry flavors out there this for what it is, is more real not cough syrup like BUT it’s not a cherry flavoring. I’m only speaking to the actual taste of the cherry in it (if that makes sense haha) Some use it in bakery and others use it with citrus vapes. Best I can say is taste it on its own and decide what you think you would like it with?
I’ll search my files and post the recipes for ya

I do have one with hibiscus I posted…not really a complex recipe but it’s all I have posted on ELR

Wild Grizzly : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/205941/Wild+Grizzly

1% Acai Berry (TPA)
2.5% Blueberry (CAP)
6% Blueberry Wild (TPA)
2% Hibiscus (CAP)
2.2% Honey Clover (LA)
1.7% Lemon Lime (TPA)

Flavor total: 15.4%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/1DkN

2 Likes

Thanks @DarthVapor :smile: I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. I do not have all of the flavors to make that recipe right now but I am waiting on a order from WL that should be here tomorrow…I did get some blackberry and some other things that I thought may go with them. I really can’t wait to see those recipes :grinning: I will get whatever I need on my next order! Thanks again! Hugs!

2 Likes

@SunnyT I wanted to give you some inspiration so I set out and mixed a few cherry blossom recipes to add to this thread bc not everyone is keen on it,but I do really like the flavor. so I just wanted to contribute some work towards it ! Sakura is cherry blossom in japanese :wink:

White chocolate covered SB w/ Sakura sprinkles : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/247360/White+chocolate+covered+SB+w%2F+Sakura+sprinkles

3% Cherry Blossom (TPA)
4% Strawberry (NWF)
0.4% Sweetner Ecig Express
2% Whipped Cream (TPA)
4% White Chocolate (TPA)

Flavor total: 13.4%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/1YXa

Sakura doughnuts

Sakura doughnuts

Ingredient %
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 2
Cherry Blossom PG (TPA) 3.5
Glazed Doughnut (CAP) 4
Sweetner Ecig Express 0.4
Whipped Cream (TPA) 2
White Chocolate (TPA) 3.3

Flavor total: 15.2%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Trying to get the hang of the new html copy.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Amy2!! I am expecting my vape mail today with lots of new flavors!!! I can’t wait!! I know I will be mixing all day as soon as it gets here and I definitely can’t wait to try the Cherry Blossom!! :yum:

1 Like

your welcome :blush:

I have a few more to try today that I made a few days ago. also if your interested there is a thread w/ Floras and the like this may give you some more tips on floras. Happy mixing woo hoo I love vape mail day especially when flavors are in it !!!

1 Like

Me too :grin: and I did see that thread and I plan on using it for inspiration for some new creations :grinning: So much fun, I love it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Somebody tried to recreate it with

5% Cap Hibiscus
10% Cap Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy

It’s really good if you like those flavors

I can’t speak to the CAP hibiscus, but the TPA is CRAZY strong. It makes the huckleberry seem like a blueberry. I have a recipe up that I love to drip, make it by the 100ml, but I am not digging it so far in my TFV4 tank.

YMMV. Ima be watching the floral thread because I am a sucker for anything floral. Has anyone tried the perique tobacco? I love the real deal, best tobacco on earth, just wondering if that flavor captures any floral notes?

Perique? Probably @Jimk, @Josephine_van_Rijn or maybe even @Pro_Vapes :smile:

@Jimk Tasting Notes
Start .3 to .5 %. Super strong, dark and biting. Think filterless analogue cigarettes. Nice in combo with other tobaccos. A must for pipe tobacco mixes.

Preferred single flavor mix: 3.0%

Other Notes
The strongest and darkest. Harsh and probably the most similar to the real cigarette smoke. Braves can vape it on its own, but it can be used to impart strong notes to aromatic tobacco flavor. A tough guy for tough vapers . Concentrated flavoring from FlavourArt (FA). Recommended to start testing at 1% and adjust to taste.

A strong and realistic tobacco flavour. This is a very good product, but requires careful mixing with the right flavours to get the best from it. Only small quantities are required, so it can be pre-diluted to a 20% reduction in PG and then added to a mix to keep more control over the exact %ages used.

I suggest equal amounts mixed with another tobacco (such as FlavourArt Dark Vapure) and to give a strong realistic tobacco flavour. Hint of ashtray aftertaste as you would expect from an absolute.

2% to 4% when mixed with another tobacco is about right as it is a strong flavour. Requires a longer steeping time to develop, I suggest at least a week, maybe two, depending on the other flavours.

I’m currently working with a couple @Jimk recommended tobacco flavors. I’m hoping for a good outcome.

WIP

Ol' Smokey Gmix

Ingredient%
Dark Tobacco (INAWERA)0.75
Mentol DIY 25%1
MTS Vape Wizard (FA)0.5
Oak Wood (FA)0.5
Perique Black (FA)0.5
Tobacco DNB Flavour (INAWERA)0.3
Virginia (FA)3

Flavor total: 6.55%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes

Thanks guys, sounds like what I want to combine with some floral and maybe… .melon. still working out the flavors in my head, but I LOVE perique analog. Looking forward to the latakia as well.

You might want to treat/mix the Latakia the same way as Perique, i.e. low percentage at first; Latakia can take over the mix in a hurry.

It might be just me, but FA 7 leaves has a slight floral quality to me; it tends to dissipate with a long steep session. :wink: