Hidden science behind normal and accelerated e-Liquid steeping

I’ve tried enough of my juices after mixing and waiting 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks etc that I know they are the best for my taste after about a month. I do just a thorough shake, then store the bottle in a cool dark place upright for a month. I did not care for the results i obtained on all my juices with a frother, so I quit using it. I vape sweet fruits and wish I liked creams haha, but i don’t really. I’ve just learned to do it the way I do it, I’m not going to quit even if it drives you nuts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love it!:grin: You put the time in, you found what worked for you, and you are now able to apply it for repeatable satisfying results for you! I have no problem with that what so ever and wouldn’t dream of trying to change your mind.:+1:

You also demonstrate nicely that one method can work well for one person while not working for another (my wimpy paint stirrer works for me; you didn’t care for your results with a frother and rightly moved on to something else). I do not fathom how 4 weeks can benefit a fruit mix (and yes I have tried); while that is precisely the sweet spot for you (and I respect your results 100%). I firmly believe that DIY has room for any and everyone who wants to invest the time to find there own “sweet spot.”

3 Likes

That’s what I’m aiming for have the knowledge of my established mixes. That I know exactly when it’s ready to be picked from the tree.

3 Likes

well… i’m making fruit juices only with 3 mg nicotine… as long as i know it’s shake and vape juices… but i always feel a strong hit in my liquids while i vape 9 mg liquid from the shop without any problem… what am i doing wrong ?

1 Like

most probably the PG/VG ratio, try 50/50 as that is the ratio most vape shops use.

2 Likes

The vape shop most likely has been steeped/aged

Give your mix a week. If it’s still sharp add 0.5% marshmallow FA. Or 0.25% fresh cream FA. Or other cream on a low percent.

1 Like

Great post. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Currently unavailable, but keep your eye on it, they may just get one in.
https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-capacitor

3 Likes

AWESOME!!! to bad its not for sale

1 Like

So if you jumped 2 mo. into the future to grab some juice then crossed back to the present would your juice get younger or would it be steeped? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Damn well better be steeped!

3 Likes

I think the question is whether having the same juice from two different times in the same place would cause a quantum event.

5 Likes

I’m secretly working on my ELRhaydron E-Juice Collider as we speak
…Muhaha Muuuhahahha

9 Likes

In industrial mixing and steeping operations (yes there is Industrial Steeping… this is how cosmetic and pharmaceutical cream and hundreds of other products are made. )

There is no “secret science”… Industrial scale mixing operation have been explored in detail.

Here is a link to a company that knows all about it. This link is a vast resource that will help the vaper and DIY mixologist explore the “scientific” process of micro-mixing and blending of flavor molecules at the micron level.

http://www.silverson.com/us/process/

Click around at this site, it is very extensive and you can get lost for hours exploring the subject.

“steeping” is just dispersing the flavor components at the micron level in a uniform manner thoughout the liquid carrier…

if you need to blend liquids of differing viscosities, emulsify, homogenize, disintegrate, solubilize, disperse powders, reduce particle size or accelerate reactions, … a High Shear mixer can do this and more, cutting your mixing time by up to 90 percent.

5 Likes

@50YearsOfCigars awesome! your rite I totally got lost. I want.

1 Like

@UncleJoe
I’m assuming you mean water is a catalyst and anticatylist? Just asking. Steeping is a chemical reaction correct? Or is it homogenization? I think the system you are speaking of is a buffer system when using just a little water? It’s been a long time since chem 1 for me but H20 can be an acid (H+) and a base (OH-) at the same time in the same solution.

I know that distilled water can also be both an acid or base in a solution at the same time. I don’t remember if you will see a chemical reaction go to completion using water as a catalyst though. I know water is used as a catalyst though in many equations.A low amount of water wouldn’t act as a buffer system if a bond between the 2 catalyzed chems released oxygen or hydrogen as a byproduct.

I also remember when I was 16 working on pools you’d play hell keeping the pH balanced if you didn’t dump a ton of potash (alkali) into the water first, then add chlorine (Hypochlorous acid) until the pH balanced itself. At that point, it was a buffer system. Both the acid and the base were in such high concentration in the water that the pool became (becomes) a buffer system as H20 is constantly ionized to offset each chemical.

Ok, I’m super tired so I’m using the text as thought process notes. If I’m wrong about all of this. I’m going to bed now anyway so no need to tell me to just go to bed roflmao.

2 Likes

I known this thread isn’t still ways awayf rom anhabut?

2 Likes

What’s an anhabut? :smile:

4 Likes

“I’m going to bed now anyway so no need to tell me to just go to bed”
Yet here i am more confused than the last

1 Like

Gee where have I seen this before…oh yeah…same link I’ve posted at least 50 times. (He was likely first)

5 Likes