High wattage salts?

it was said in another thread that salts should not be used in high wattage . i have never heard this, please discuss.

i have tried salts, and it probably was in high’ish watts(2’ish years ago, so i don’t remember exactly). i could not vape it, it literally took my breath away = chest tightness and could not breath.

4 Likes

News to me. I know of no difference beyond throat irritation.

4 Likes

EVERYTHING NEEDS CONTEXT. Nic is nic is nic is nic. You can, and I have made 4mg/ml out of both freebase and salts with no noticeable difference at my usual watts.

Maybe High mg/ml nic and high watts combined, as 3 puffs on a low powered pod with 25 mg/ml made my head hurt for 25 minutes. But I know, to calm the masses I’ll refer to it is 2.5% nic (a low number looks better) :crazy_face:

4 Likes

ok, well, i guess its just me then. thanx

5 Likes

Maybe it is like @big_vape said. That has happened to me too like that. You know, the stealing of breath? When I first tried nic salts my breath was “stolen” as you say but I came to realize it was because it was too much nic. If I were to do it with regular nic then the same thing happens. Most people don’t know because it is very difficult to vape 50mg or 5% of “regula” nic.

5 Likes

yeah, but i have never mixed over 6mg.

3 Likes

Right on, but if you hit it more than normal (maybe without realizing?) I would get the same symptoms.

I hope you’re able to figure it out. Good luck…

2 Likes

I think this is thought by some because the use of Salts was so that a person can use 50mg/ml in low wattage systems like the juul …A person can easily use Salts as low as they want with higher wattage.

3 Likes

thanx guys.

Dan. its been 1 1/2 years since i tried it, and my memory isn’t the greatest. but i believe i didn’t hit it more than normal, which isn’t hard at that. i’m really not a cloud guy.

2 Likes

It’s just a blanket safety warning: designed to prevent new vapers from filling their Beast-mode sub-ohm tanks with 50mg salts and overdosing on 180W beast clouds.

Every commercial bottle of salts plus the sites have a printed warning not to use salts with sub-ohm devices.

People associate sub-ohm with super-high wattage, though I’ve since tried 50mg/mL salts at 45W and I couldn’t use my lungs for several seconds afterwards - that’s as a lifetime smoker who’d already spent weeks straight on a 50mg salt binge it did that, so I’d assume the effects would be notably worse for a new vaper or light smoker.

2 Likes

Right on dude. I totally missed the point of your post and thought you were having issues with it. I am a bit dense some times. Actually, it’s more like my mind jumps around and I’m not always paying attention… I had a point…

Oh ya, thanks to @Guido_Possum I realized my mistake.

I’m gonna have to agree with that.
My cousin loaded 24mg of the of nic into a sub-ohm tank and has been hitting it once or twice every half hour or so.

2 Likes

I’ve started differentiating when new vapers ask that salts are fine for sub-ohm as long they stay < 25W: having seen all the ‘not for sub-ohm use’ warnings I realized that all my sub-ohm rebuildable can also be run at lower wattages - long af they’re coiled that way.

Sticking a 1ohm+ coil in a dripper and running at 18-25W you’re really just changing from a restricted MTL to an open, airier draw with no where near the amount of vapor that dripper can pump out at 40W+ and though sub-ohm tanks have historically been used and associated with cloud-chasing, people use all their hardware in different ways now so that blanket warning should really be amended to “Not for high wattage devices” because the type of tank is less a danger than the wattage that tank is running at.

@20-25W, 50mg/mL salts weren’t noticeably any stronger than with an 18W ‘low powered’ MTL tank and the ‘sub-ohm + salts = bad’ only became true when I dripped in an RDA coiled for 40W+

I’ve always followed immediately with a warning to go slow with 50mg - even at 18W with a DL sub-ohm tank - because salts will quickly accumulate and sneak up on you like the creepy cones we’ve all had: one minute you’re fine for another cone, the next you’re white as a sheet and feel like you think you wanna get to a toilet like, right now

2 Likes