Hipe or not?

No such thing as a waste of time when mixing imo. Something to learn every time

3 Likes

Although ELR is the best thing going, I found that most opposing opinions are left out to keep it peaceful. Itā€™s along the lines of ā€œIf you donā€™t have nothing good to sayā€¦ then donā€™t say nothingā€. I guess it keeps the peace. Some may agree with this comment and some may notā€¦ Itā€™s just my opinion.

4 Likes

Exactly and if some of those dont seem to be vapable just add menthol until they are, hehe.

1 Like

On a totally positive note, There are some AWESOME juice crafters here. Check out some of the recipes from DarthVapor, Alisa, ThirdWorldOrder, NotCharlesManson, daath/Lars, Pro_Vapes, KenOWhere just off the top of my head. They have all crafted some recipes that I enjoy on a daily basis. I do enjoy my own as well of course, but IMHO, mine pale compared to some of the work of these people.
So many recipes, so little time. :wink:

8 Likes

Some of his recipes I didnā€™t really like, like Bluenuts which is a blueberry version of Bronuts. It was so bad I threw it out after trying it twice, once just after mixing, and once after 6 weeks of steep. I really like his cheesecake recipe/bronuts/rhonodite/boardwalk recipes. If youā€™re into tobacco, Marble 27 is the shit. Iā€™ve been vaping that for quite a while now. Just takes a good 3 or 4 weeks to steep.

Either way, he seems to know his stuff and Iā€™ve learned quite a bit about how flavors work between him and this website.

Ainā€™t that the truth! I love that stuff.

I havenā€™t vaped one of HICā€™s recipes yet that I was really crazy about. But I have only tried a couple. After testing Orange Tic Tacs I kinda realized it was a lotta hype.

I generally donā€™t mix other peopleā€™s stuff. I mix my own because I know what I like. I only share the ones I like in hopes they might inspire someone else. I donā€™t expect people to like my recipes, because they are made for me. And that is the way I look at most recipes on here. As inspiration.

There are some mixers here that should be selling globally. Because I donā€™t have anything close to what I consider the top three recipes here. Bust-a-Nut, Strawnana Custard, and Smooth Morning Kick are my favs. If those were all I had to vape from here to eternity I think I would be just fine.

5 Likes

Between watching his vidā€™s, fresh03ā€™s and New Amsterdamā€™s, I got the urge to start DIY, finally! after 3 years, 3 months vaping. SO I respect them for that.

On his mixes, I sometimes feel heā€™s trying a bit too hard. Some of them have 8-9 flavourings, and I look at them and wonder, was that 0.2% really needed? or is just to make the recipe look fancier? I also thought the drunk mix video was a bit dumb. He really shouldnā€™t do that, videos like that get picked up by the antiā€™s and used against vapers.

But, other than that, i think heā€™s cool, his videos are very helpful, and he does say himself that you donā€™t need to be fancy, you donā€™t need to do it like he does. thatā€™s just his way.

1 Like

YouTube has made everyone a superstar. If the real mixers here made videos too, you would see a passing of the torch.

3 Likes

Very true. [quote=ā€œLordVapor, post:28, topic:54012, full:trueā€]
YouTube has made everyone a superstar. If the real mixers here made videos too, you would see a passing of the torch.
[/quote]

2 Likes

I knew Wayne from a chat room for the whiteout a while back. That was before his meteoric rise to fame and before it all got to his head. He was a nice dude back then, enthusiastic and liked to talk about vaping and mixing. He just started his mixing channel and I wished him the best of luck with it. I even subscribed.

That was before his meteoric rise to being a youtube superstar, before the never ending adulations of his fans made him arrogant, and before the tempting offers of corporations made him duplicitous and corrupt. It is the sad story of so many youtube reviewers who start with the best intentions.

But his last video where he blatantly lies to the camera was simply too much. I even nearly unsubscribed. He says that he is not beholden to any sponsors, that he doesnā€™t have any and that he is therefor absolutely independent. And just A FEW MINUTES LATER HIS SPONSOR WALKS RIGHT THROUGH THE SCREEN! Such a blatant and outrageous lie straight to our faces!

If you look closely you can even clearly see that his sponsor gave him his working space and probably kickstarted his whole career!

Now what you do with all of this is entirely up to you. Personally I wonā€™t be mixing any of his recipes and give him my precious karma anymore. I simply going to rename them. There, weā€™ll see how heā€™ll like that!

Here is video proof:
ENYAWREKLAW exposed

1 Like

Huh? Are you being sarcastic? I canā€™t tellā€¦ Itā€™s seems itā€™s filmed in a home, the person entering is his gf or room mate, or something like that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The same girl was in his drunk mix vid, sheā€™s just his friend or gf I though

Then I have achieved my mission haha :smiley:

Sorry, sometimes I just canā€™t help myself :wink:

2 Likes

Hmm. Youā€™re a weirdo. Youā€™ll fit right in here :smiley: heheh

3 Likes

BTW I thought it was his motherā€¦ not Iā€™m not sure if I insulted him haha. Anyways without that assumption the joke doesnā€™t work ofc.

3 Likes

I remember that . He mentioned me in the next video because I left a comment about the people walking around. I felt like the youtube superstar that day let me tell you.

Now you get a second chance. It looks like itā€™s been reformulatedā€¦

I was wondering if youā€™ve had taste yet. If so, whatā€™s your thoughts?

1 Like

Well @Vaping_Sonja ya know taste is subjectiveā€¦ lol
Actually I thought the Pistachio and Ry4 was pretty good after a couple weeks steep, I did feel there was ā€œsomethingā€ that could of been better with it. I made up a good bit prior to this trip Iā€™m on, but sure wish the new version has come out first, it looks more on the line for what I was looking for in a ā€œheavyā€ caramel mix. Now I have to wait for weeks to try that one out.

1 Like

I still havenā€™t put it in a tank, despite it being good for vaping now (I made it march 3rd)ā€¦ I need to wash and rewick/rebuild a couple of atties - then Iā€™ll vape Bust-A-Nut, Rhodonite and a few others :slight_smile: Iā€™ll post my thoughts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am really not impressed with Rhodonite at all.

I also made Cereal Marshmallow Strawberry Milk and Funfetti which are steeping. They seem quite good after overnight steep but I am waiting for the magic to happen.

The My Dude and Golden Ticket are on my list next.

I really like Wayne and what he is doing for the DIY community. I have learnt a lot from his podcasts (which are fun!) and YouTube videos as well as his website and magazine. I even donā€™t mind paying the $3 a month.

Taste is subjective and allā€¦

3 Likes