Holiday Treats

Love me some Buckeye’s !
I like this recipe , hope it helps to jog your memory!

3 Likes

I found recipes for low carb meringue cookies, cheesecake, and lemon curd. I will most certainly be making those!!!

1 Like

2 cups creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup salted butter (softened)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 packages (1 lb each) Chocolate Candy Coating

This is the one that I use, The chocolate coating depends on how much energy I have when I make them Sometimes I’ll buy good chocolate and temper it for coating. If you want a nice change of pace with them add a cup of rice crispy cereal and a quarter cup more butter to account for the additional dry ingredients.

3 Likes

How about some coconut bon bons with or without almonds

2-2/3 cups flaked coconut, chopped
2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted*
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dark or milk chocolate for coating

*you can replace these with an equal amount of coconut if you don’t want nuts in it.

This is actually pretty close, thank you.

Just thinkin you kind of sound like you belong in the love to cook and create yummys group with me.

1 Like

yep thats what its called lol it seems to be working 2 pills left

I made some “caramel” drizzled fudge and it came out okay. A little grainy and the caramel wound up as more of a brown butter glaze. I didn’t have any molds or anything so I just smushed it into a plate and cut it after it hardened. Also, forgot the coconut. LoL.

Working with erythritol, I think I need to dissolve it in something before using it because it never seems to dissolve. I prefer splenda for baking, but too much and it gets bitter. Erythritol and xylitol don’t seem to have that problem but they don’t dissolve and aren’t quite as sweet. Any tips here? I’ve been scared to try stevia even though most recipes call for it because I’ve never liked the way it tastes. If the bitterness doesn’t affect baked goods, I might give it a whirl.

Thinking of doing some gingersnaps, PB thumbprints, and sugar cookies today. We’ll see how motivated I get. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have a feeling you can’t or won’t for some health reason but use real sugar :blush:

Low carb. :stuck_out_tongue: So, no. LoL. I’m taking Christmas day off and eating wth I want, but for the rest of the season I’m sticking to plan. I’ve actually kinda lost my sweet tooth I’ve found. Had a taste of eggnog, which I usually LOVE, and it was almost enough to make me gag on the sweetness. So all those plans of eating cookies, drinking eggnog and hot chocolate, candy, etc., are sounding less appealing.

Starting the things I can do ahead for Christmas eve. Going to our daughters house and there’s going to be about 30 people there. Today I’m making my favorite Bacon Krab Pasta salad. about a pound and a half of pasta in it and so far two quarts of veggies chopped or sliced and in the bowl. My bell peppers developed a mushy spot so I’m off to the store as soon as I get out of my sweats.

2 Likes

I actually am planning to pick up some erythritol today. I’ve never used it before, but I’ve heard good things about baking with it. Maybe blending it into a finer powder before adding it to the recipe world work? With stevia I usually get away with about half of the amount called for. If I try to make something super sweet with it it does get too bitter for me.

In the blender put 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of heavy cream, sweetener to taste, cinnamon and nutmeg. Makes two servings, only about 2 net carbs each. You can add some bourbon (zero carbs!) to your own!

MAKERS MARK EGGNOG

ingredients
1 liter or more if desired Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
1 quart Milk
½ quart Heavy Cream
½ quart half and half
2 dozen Eggs
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups Sugar + ½ cup
Garnish Nutmeg

Instructions

Separate eggs and beat yolks until creamy. Whip ½ the sugar into yolks. Beat whites until they stand in soft peaks, set aside. Combine the the milk, sugar and half and half. Heat to a high simmer turn the heat off. Temper the egg yolks with a half a cup at a time of the heated milk mixture when you have added half of the milk to the egg yolks then pour the yolks back in with the milk and heat gently till the mixture resembles a very soft pudding. Remove from heat and strain to insure no lumps. Chill for three to four hours. Beat cream to soft whip and combine with the egg whites fold it gently together. Add cream and milk mixtures together and whisk till well combined add the whiskey whisk again. Add nutmeg to taste, and garnish each cup with nutmeg. Makes approximately 24 servings

I dunno if it counts as a treat but I made some homemade wine, started about 3-4 weeks ago
2 cans Welch’s No preservative Grape Concentrate
3 cups sugar
1 yeast packet
1 gallon container with seal
6 cans of water (3 for each can of concentrate)

Boil some water, put sugar in a big bowl to dissolve sugar
Activate yeast, (I’ve known people to just dump it in and not activate and it still tastes fine)

I got a clear container to check for fermentation bubbles, est time takes about 3-4 weeks.
750ml in a wine bottle
3785ml in a gallon

Grape Concentrate = 2.04$
900mg box of white sugar= 2.50$ (only need like 600mg)
Yeast packet(s)= $1.50ish for a pack of 5
Container= At Wally-world was 2.05 for a gallon container

Spend 9 dollars and some change for the equivalent of 5 bottles of wine.

You can make any flavor really, i used Red Grape, but you can do juice of anything, Cider, Cherry, White Grape, anything, no perservatives though.

The bottle has to have a way to vent out the built up gases, not completely airtight, so try to pick a container that can screw cap.

1 Like

I have all that for the eggnog. I’ll make some. I’ve been scared to try since it seemed complicated and it had raw eggs, but that sounds really easy and I figure if I eat raw cookie dough, I can drink a raw egg. LoL.

I need to get a spice grinder and try powdering the sweeteners. It may actually have been the xylitol now that I think about it. I think it’s more granular like real sugar. I did read here (or a reddit link that Ken posted) that erythritol is supposed to be as sweet as VG and will dissolve in VG so I might try that next time.

Homemade Bailey’s
1 can of condensed milk (14oz)
Chocolate Syrup
Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Instant Coffee/Brewed Coffee (can use the condensed milk can to get all that milk out)
Your favorite Whisky (dont need to be irish whisky)

Pour Condensed Milk into your 750ml bottle or container
Pour Syrup in amount that you are happy with
Pour Shot o’ Vanilla Extract
Pour Coffee in
Pour to top off with the bottle with whisky, and mix
Top off with whisky.

Chug a lug, Chug a lug, make ya wanna holler, hidehooo, warms ya tummy, dont you know? Chug a lug chug a lug

-Doing it Cheap

1 Like

Eggxactly. :wink:

2 Likes

If you worry about the eggs just get pasturized eggs.

2 Likes

Well I think I’m ready

Baked Beans :+1:

Bacon Krab Pasta Salad :+1:

Watergate Salad :+1:
AKA green fluff :+1:

Whiskey drenched
Fruit Cake sort of :+1:

2 Likes