Holiday Treats

Anybody else making Holiday treats?
I’ve already made Snickerdoodle cookies with white chocolate and cinnamon chips.
Whiskey Roll, which is an unbaked fruit cake sort of, the main difference is that this stuff is not only edible it tastes fantastic.
Today I’m baking “Dads Best Chocolate Chip Cookies”

6 Likes

We made a big giant gingerbread house (Which the kids and probably the hubby have been sneaking candy off of) and gingerbread cookies so far. We’re going to make some (good) fruitcakes for the neighbors, and probably some sugar cookies to decorate. And I think I’ll be searching for a good low carb cookie recipe so I can eat something in this house full of sugar!

5 Likes

Lookie at your messages.

1 Like

good fruit cake ??? is there such a thing lol jk ive seriously never had one but the jokes come every year

6 Likes

There is!! There was a man at my church who was famous for his fruitcake. He passed away about a year ago and at his funeral reception there were copies of his recipe on all the tables. It is absolutely delicious!

4 Likes

can’t stand the stuff, christmas cake,christmas pudding, mince pies, fruit cake, wedding cake…it’s my least favourite food in the world, raisins, sultanas, dates…all that business …can’t do it …wugh…:scream:

5 Likes

I have really lapsed this year in making any treats , normally I would have made plenty of fudge ,both chocolate and my favorite peanut butter.I have made nothing other than Candied Pecans.
This holiday I was late getting in the spirit of things , due to the unseasonably warm weather.Now for the past three weeks I have been fighting a cold! This is also why I didn’t participate in the secret Santa.[quote=“VapeyMama, post:5, topic:100161”]
There was a man at my church who was famous for his fruitcake. He passed away about a year ago and at his funeral reception there were copies of his recipe on all the tables. It is absolutely delicious!
[/quote]

So sad but so awesome!

3 Likes

I make one called Danish fruit roll. It’s an ub-baked fruit cake that has a fair amount of whiskey in it. Candied Cherries and Pineapple Dates, but none of that nasty square Citron shit that makes fruit cake nasty. there are a myriad of other things in it but being a family thing I keep the recipe to myself
But rest assured it is a good fruit cake

2 Likes

Hey @BoyHowdy I got a Carrot Cake recipe watching a chef Chuck Hughes show and he does mapled pecans that go great on the cake but we do them a lot more often than I do the cake. If memory serves for every 2 cups of pecans use a cup of Pure Maple syrup and just boil till it crystalizes pour out on to a buttered cookie sheet and I always grind some pink Himalayan salt on top of them they are so good

1 Like

I’d like to take a read on that one if you don’t mind sending me a copy. If not I understand.

3 Likes

im on week 5 of that cold i feel for you , i missed three weeks of work ouch , im just starting a 5 day treatment with 6 pills thats supposed to kill everything web shall see , tmrw i finally get to go shopping for presents terrible

1 Like

Here ya go!

@GPC2012

Ps, Stan would think it was cool to share. :wink:

4 Likes

looks good no citron. I may give it a whirl after Christmas. Hey just a tip. I had a hell of a time finding the candied pineapple this year so I developed a way to turn dried pineapple into it. For every cup dried pineapple you add a quarter cup of this mixture to an air tight container and shake till well coated store upside down for a day the flip it over and store it. It is exactly like the stuff in the tubs and actually cheaper.

syrup for saturating pineapple

1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 Tablespoon pure water
tiny pinch of salt mix well

2 Likes

You got a Z pack I just finished one for a nasty sinus infection and it is truly GONE!

2 Likes

I made this monster:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/deluxe-pumpkin-cheesecake

And 4 of these:

And these:

And these:

Going to poison my family with fat and sugar!

1 Like

Let me know if you find anything! I think I’m gonna take Christmas day off. Already promised the girl cookies and eggnog and chinese food. LOL. But it’d be nice to make some stuff for all the other days between now and the end of break.

2 Likes

Been overdoing it a little with the cookies and snack this year (jeez, when to just settle…), even fed the garbage bin with a trey of mintballs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: On the more uplifting end of the scale I’ve made Orange Biscotti, Gingerbread pigs :pig_nose: Oat balls with coconut, White Chocolate Fudge, soft cakes with spices, Rice Krispie Treats, and a very experimental chocolate cake for my oldest son’s 18th birthday tomorrow. I am giving some of this stuff away though, or we’d probably not be around for next christmas.

Edit as I forgot what we call Brown Sticks and German butter cookies

3 Likes

Every year we make and decorate cookies at the wifes folks house, i love the tradition that they have welcomed me to share. We make Peanut Butter Blossoms, Butter Riches, Shortbread Cookies and Sugar Cookies. When i say we decorate i mean they do, my hands cant take all that squeezing frosting through a bag thingy.

My job is to free all of those lovely hersheys kisses from their binding, press cookies and washing some dishes in warm therapeutic water.

I make Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls for my contribution to the gluttony ritual, well usually. This year i cant find the recipe anywhere, i know it is on one of the computers in the house as well as a hard copy that exists but i have searched and searched. Im considering this a good thing…

Please explain, im all kinds of curious.

4 Likes

I didn’t do any baking but a coworker brought me an orange slice cake. By orange slice he uses the candied orange slices you get in the bag or in a plastic container in the deli section.

This thing is to die for!

5 Likes

Hope the photo doesn’t turn out as large as it seems :see_no_evil:

The sticks are a little buttery and tastes mildly of Cinnamon. I would like to participate in your group making day, sounds nice.

4 Likes