Homemade Eggnog Recipe for Fiddy

Hi Fiddy,

Sorry it took me so long to get this posted for you. Hopefully you actually do make it and try it :slight_smile:

-Cinn

Eggnog

Serves 6

Ingredients

5 eggs

⅔ cup sugar

2½ cups whole milk

¾ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for finishing

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for finishing

1 cup heavy cream

½ cup bourbon (optional)

Whipped cream (optional, for finishing)

1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the eggs with the sugar on medium-high speed until pale yellow and very thick, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.

2. In a medium pot, heat the milk, nutmeg and cinnamon over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Temper the eggs: Add 3 to 4 ladlefuls of the warm milk to the yolk mixture, whisking constantly to combine. Return the yolk mixture to the pot, whisking constantly to combine.

3. Cook the mixture slowly over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until it’s heated through and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (important: do not boil or you will curdle the mix), 3 to 4 minutes.

4. Transfer the mixture from the pot to a heat-safe pitcher or storage container. Stir in the cream.

5. Chill the eggnog for at least 1 hour, or until no longer warm. Stir in the bourbon, if using.

6. Serve chilled, garnished with whipped cream (and more nutmeg and cinnamon), if desired.

14 Likes

@Cinn thank you so much…So many recipes online this makes it easy

7 Likes

Sure thing my friend…no problem at all!

6 Likes

Welcome to ELR Forum @Cinn :call_me_hand:

9 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

6 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Cinn, great looking recipe.

6 Likes

Hey @Cinn that’s a good recipe. The one I use every year is basically the same but mine uses egg yolks only as the white (clear) doesn’t blend well when tempering the egg and cream.

6 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Cinn and thank you for the recipe, it looks delicious.

5 Likes

I have to admit o had to look up Temper eggs, now im nervous lol…

6 Likes

It just means you have a add a little bit of the hot liquid to the eggs to “temper” them so they dont turn into cooked eggs, then you add that mix to the rest of the hot liquid. I learned this in foods for d00ds in school. Best classes i ever took, free meals! I took every cooking class offered, every year.

4 Likes

Thanks for the nice welcome y’all. And don’t be afraid Fiddy - its easy!!

5 Likes

Ive watched a few videos , seems easy peasy but…Ill have 2 little girls doing it with me so I might have to temper the eggs myself.

5 Likes

This hasnt been tested, other than on the knuckle, but here is an homage to your delicious looking recipe. Im going to make it to make ice cream with as soon as i can get to the store.

Cinnalicious Eggnog

0.75% Cinnamon Sugar (SilverLine) (CAP)
0.75% Condensed Milk (Purilum)
0.20% Nutmeg (SC) (WF)
0.25% Sugar Cane (SC) (WF)
2.00% Vanilla Custard (CAP)
1.00% Vanilla Custard (SC) (WF)

Flavor total: 4.95%

Still considering swapping Fresh Cream FA instead of CMilk Pur, ill know in a week or so.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Cinn :smiling_face:

6 Likes

So how did it turn out, @Ken_O_Where ?

I think imma mix that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I didnt try it yet, so much testing for this contest that it might be just a bit. Sorry that it kinda got pushed to the back of the line but i havent forgotten!

3 Likes