Honeycomb candybar center

I’ve been trying to create a honeycomb juice. Pretty much like the inside of a crunchie bar. The problem I’m having is I’ve tried honeycomb from Vape train and it’s very creamy but it’s really not capturing that sweet dark honey taste. I’ve tried other Honeys like flavourart and INW, and they are so Floral it’s almost sickening. I’m just curious if anyone else has been able to capture this really dark sweet honey without having any floral notes. If so which type of Honey’s have you used? Did you add anything to it to enhance this? I’m also trying to stay away from sweeteners like cap super sweet. I was thinking about trying EM or meringue but it doesn’t really smell like it’s the right type of sweetener for the honey, and the other sweetener I have cotton candy isn’t the right kind of sweetener either.

3 Likes

You could try Golden Syrup VTA or Golden Syrup CCW which would get you closer to the profile you are after. Crunchie bars are actually made with golden syrup not honey despite the name.

9 Likes

Interesting thank you.

2 Likes

Which company is CCW? googled and saw chefs something is that it?

2 Likes

ah cupcake world, gotit!

2 Likes

Sold at chefs under the chefs choice label

https://chefsflavours.co.uk/golden-syrup-chefs-choice/

3 Likes

sounds like that should be honey bee FLV… :slight_smile:

try a bottle drop or 2 in 30ml…maybe the same amount for maple bar… and add in some crunch cereal with cream…

2 Likes

Not a honey profile at all despite its name.

Golden syrup or light treacle is a thick amber-coloured form of inverted sugar syrup made in the process of refining sugar cane or sugar beet juice into sugar, or by treatment of a sugar solution with acid. It is used in a variety of baking recipes and desserts.

Homemade crunchie bar

Homemade Honeycomb & Cadbury Crunchie Bars | Bigger Bolder Baking

You could use a honey but it wouldn’t be a cadbury crunchy bar

5 Likes

Thanks for the help. Going to check out Chefs. Glad I didnt go to cupcake world LOL

1 Like

@anon84779643 I appreciate your trying to help, but can you please stop posting on every thread I make and say Flavorah. I have many many flavorah flavors, most of which were expensive and collecting dust on a shelf. I understand your affiliated with them but seriously. Please stop taking all my posts hostage lol

4 Likes

You were asking for opinions… I just happened to see your post and offered you a suggestion.
You do not have to take my word for it… and btw… good luck now… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well dang, I picked up the honeycomb because I was seriously hoping it has that krunchie bar flavor…

1 Like

could you tell me if the Golden syrup VTA is more like store bought pancake syrup… I don’t like FA Maple and hoping this goes away from that profile

1 Like

Not the same as maple at all - golden syrup has no maple flavour. Golden Syrup in real life it is more like sweet gooey sugar syrup - super hard to explain the taste (and I have tried before today and failed)

This video of how to make it may be more helpful in giving you an idea of taste (the lemon doesn’t add to the taste at all)

3 Likes

that’s what i wanted sugar syrup you’re a lifesaver!!!

2 Likes