How can I recreate a wafer cone

Hey guys. I’m trying to figure out how to recreate a wafer cone. Any ideas?

This isn’t dead on but maybe it’ll be a place to start.

3% Bavarian Cream (CAP)
1% Caramel (FA)
1% Meringue (FA)
3% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)

Flavor total: 8%

It’s only a cream experiment I’m playing with and after about a month steep I thought it tasted a lot like an ice cream cone. I made a note to try .5 sugar cookie but I haven’t gotten to it yet.

1 Like

have you tried biscuit or cookie with a little bit AP
that may do it

1 Like

If I were to make a wafer cone from scratch I would start somewhere like this…

Rice Crunchies (TPA) 3%
Sugar Cookie (FA) 1.5%

For a waffle cone -

If you have Burnt Sugar, use that. If not…brown sugar

Brown Sugar Extra (TPA) 1.5%
Graham Cracker Clear (TPA) 2%
Biscuit (INW) 0.5%

Other flavors that may be helpful -
Cookie (FA)
Funnel Cake

These are just ideas. I’ve not tried making either

3 Likes

I have Inawera biscuit and Capella sugar cookie but I’ve only tested this about a week ago. I haven’t had a chance to mix up anything new.

2 Likes

personally id try the biscuit for a cone taste

2 Likes

I probably will eventually. Ice cream cone wasn’t my goal for that mix but that’s kind of how it turned out. Perhaps an odd whim of the steep fairy, lol.

1 Like

ya i hear ya lol testing and mixing

1 Like

could always do a lil twist and go w/ a sweet waffle cone

Vanilla Butternut FW ( has to be this version as others taste different ) 2-3% Some say this taste just like pancakes and it really does up high but for that bakery sweet generic taste with sweetness that reminds of a cone. Could do a drop or 2 of maple
Biscuit INW 1%

2 Likes

maple ??? which company has the best maple syrup taste a friend wants me to try to create a maple donut , which i havent had in so long i had to buy one to taste , im not even sure that will require a maple flave but a need it in my stash anyway

2 Likes

This is subjective, but I have Maple LA and Maple Syrup FA… The FA is much better IMO.

3 Likes

yes as all is ( subjective ) ty ill go with FA i have yet to find a lorann product i like so ive steered clear for along time at one time i had quite a few but have got rid of them with two left lol

2 Likes

Well I vape a lot of @Pro_Vapes strawberry ice cream sandwich and I find that his approach of Cookie (biscotto) (FA) with Coconut (FA) gives a real nice wafer note, I’m not the only one that’s said that either :ok_hand:

1 Like

I have TFA just maple and maple syrup the one that is just Maple is fantastic I also have FA which is wonderful but the maple syrup TFA is kinda gross and too much for me.

1 Like

If those two are Bavarian Cream and Cheesecake then you’re doing good :thumbsup:

@Amy2 I’m wanting to get a good toffee. All I have is Toffee Dream Cream (FW) and that’s not what I’m looking for. I want something more along the lines of Heath bar toffee. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

I think @Pugs1970 has also purchased every toffee going lately so he might be able to assist as well!

1 Like

Jury is still out for a really good one.

As of now I do enjoy LA Natural Toffee but it is dark colored tasty nutty creamy and bark like toffee qualities I’d check that one out.

Also OoO has butter toffee. It’s very very buttery forward and cream like toffee ending.

3 Likes

Ymmmmmmmmm!

1 Like

cheescake and cream cheese icing , i need to test these again because mixing the two doesnt work for me so i need to figure which is messing it up for me , i never had bavarian cream and never thought about it until you mentioned it im moving in the direction of FA , MF , FLAVORAH ,RF. in that order ,over a year ago i went down the list of the manufacturers and started buying things like strawberry shortcake and blueberry cinnamon crumble lol which of course arent great right?? so im using up the tpa , fw , cap that i have and replacing them with those other manufacturers of course ill keep things like vanilla custard and vbic etc ( the must haves ) from those three yellow cake , strawberries etc

I think you have the right idea. And LOR Bavarian Cream would fit in that category IMO.

Also I’m right there with you. I’m culling a lot of BS from my stash, some of which won’t get a replacement, but others that will be replaced by 'the best" I can get. I’ve found I don’t need 500 flavors. Haven’t narrowed it down to what I do feel I want to keep on hand, but it’s NOT 500 I can tell you.

4 Likes