How do I get a cooked effect on fruits ie, pineapple upside down cake

Thanks for the suggestions, I will order some Liquid amber on my next haul

Liquid Amber is the key

1 Like

I see I forgot to mention that! :slightly_smiling:

Is amber one that requires steeping for long periods to get it to taste right.

Thanks so much for that info. I just got liquid amber last week and havenā€™t used it yet. Anyone know where to use Oba Oba. Just a taste of it seems like = nothing. Need to do a search to see what recipes have used it with what.

Havenā€™t used either of those amber or Oba obaā€¦ guess Iā€™m going to hold off a while LOL

Be brave young lady! Mix something original! Try combining them with a fruit and a cake or cream.:wink:

1 Like

LOL I will after I figure out what to do with the 115 flavors I already have

1 Like

you said smoked and my brain instantly went to Dark Vapure (FA) to me that is pure smoke flavor LOL. I always though Brown sugar gave that cooked effect?

Iā€™m steeping the mix I made. I used fw yellow cake .golden pineapple amber and brown sugar for cooked effect . and some bav .cream and fresh cream to moisten it up.

2 Likes

Tasted like crap lol . so Iā€™m steeping and hoping .

Personally, I think creams are the wrong way to go for what you want. I think they will soften the acidity and dull the sweetness. If I used one at all, I would go super light on a super light cream, perhaps even milk. FW Yellow Cake may be a good start, Iā€™m not super familiar with it yet and Iā€™ve never tried any pineapple, but now it is on the list. I am very big on pineapple upside down cake cooked in a dutch oven on the fire kind of guy. That is the highlight of camping for me. I would focus on the caramel for sure, dark caramel without butterscotch and then you need a little bit of malic/citric acid kick. Iā€™d try something like:

Yellow Cake (FW)
Pineapple (I generally go 2+ brands on most fruits)
Sour (TFA). . .not what I want, but all I know
Kentucky Bourbon (TFA) [solely for the caramel character]
Caramel (anyone)
Salted Caramel (FW)
A very light vanilla, I DIY one from beans, perhaps Madagascar FA or Tahity
A touch of cherry, and please let me know if you find one that doesnā€™t suck
maybe 0.25% Raspberry (FA) would give you the malic/citric sharpness

OK, thatā€™s just a guess and some opinions, maybe they are helpful.

I went ahead and tasted a cherry that I hadnā€™t opened yet and, as it turns out, it is the best cherry flavor I have tried. I think I have at least five. Its Cherries (INW). Please note that it is plural cherries, and not sweet cherry. Everything else I have tried, with the notable exception of TPA Cherry Blossom, has sucked in a cardboard kind of way.

This flavor is not super strong, at least not SnV. Iā€™d recommend 1-2% just to get a hint of cherry in the recipe above.

One thing I am curious of is if the Pineapple flavors dominate in the same way pineapple they dominate a punch or juice mixture IRL. You know how one little cup of pineapple juice can dominate an entire punchbowl? Do the pineapple flavors behave the same way?

1 Like

Inawera pineappleā€¦oh my goodness! Canā€™t go wrong there; awesome stuff.

Could just cheat. :innocent:

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/north-west-vg-flavors/pineapple-upside-down-cake-by-north-west-flavors.html

1 Like

I love Oba! I use it a lot now and at first I didnā€™t quite know what to think. Unfortunately this flavor does different things for each person. For me, as well as the lovely @Amy2, it gives a sweet creamy flavor akin to a cream soda.
I use it as a sweetener of sorts, some what like a marshmallow, it has a nice creaminess to it that you wouldnā€™t get from a marshmallow.
I wouldnā€™t use it as a stand alone flavor personally and it does change drastically through a long steep. I would use it around 1-2% as either a sweetener or to add a subtle creaminess to a recipe.

Liquid Amber on the other hand, it simply gives a fermented taste to fruits and shouldnā€™t be used any higher than 2%, unless you like a strong fermented flavor. I use it in all my resinite lines of juices (Resinite meaning in amber)
My very first Amber recipe came out pretty good if you are interested.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Now I get it. I put my Oba Oba (mixed at 2%) in my ā€œSweetenersā€ section. Iā€™ll try adding it rather than marshmallow a few times and see what I like about it. Gosh guys, I am vaping something new and so good right now. It is Hazel Milk. I added some TPA Carmel Candy, Vanillin and Bavarian Cream to my TPA Hazelnut and Condenced Milk/Milk and Iā€™m loving, loving it!

1 Like

I actually just discovered something about this and I donā€™t know many people who use EV but since you mentioned it, check it out!

1 Like

I totally agree ! Love oba itā€™s great on its own as well. I like it at 7% one of my favorites it when itā€™s paired w/ wild melon FLV.

3 Likes

Thanks rabid weasel some great pointers Iā€™ve only got cap golden pineapple. Iā€™ll order more flavor s eventually .Iā€™ll just move this recipe to the back burner for now I guess. Bit I think your right creams were the wrong way to go. Hence the juice I made was now named suck sauce with a capital SUCK lol