How do I get mouth watering hit?

Amazing you get it, Fiddy… others just do not understand what single flavor testing brings to the table.
You got lucky! :stuck_out_tongue:

that right there… combined with

can mask those “new flavors” and not show what they can do potentially… it’s why tasting just one flavor at a time, in different amounts, can show the new flavor off… give you more ideas, and show you where you can start to taste… where it tastes as it is supposed to… and when you pushy it too high…

Glad you can tell, Fiddy… means a lot to me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just bought Cactus…i will give it a try. I will buy apricot on the next round. Thanks!!!

4 Likes

I was under the impression that layering similar flavors together(multiple blueberries and multiple lemon can enhance each. Maybe i should have started with a single BB and a single lemon

2 Likes

I have Cap lemon lime.

I used the .65 SS because i ran out of the Tropical Strawberry for the amount i wanted to make.

2 Likes

Solo flavors can bring to you how much and which one…
Sure you can layer all you want… but if the flavors you choose to start with are off… it wont matter how many layers you have… Get to know what you have by using them in solos… then you can put solos together with other solos and create a better tasting recipe.

Finding where they fall at, or where each flavor tastes better, really relies on your own tongue. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes , but you need them to work together or compliment each other… So let’s Take FW Blueberry its a descent BB and can sit on top of creams at 3 to 4 pct but it tends to be weak ince mixed with other flavors so add you FA bilberry at .5 to 1 pct this will boost the FW and roumd it out with whats lacking in FE as a Stand Alone …The lemon is your secondary note lets say , so that is something that your adding to make the BB stand out and to give your recipe another taste so No need to stack the Lemon just use The FA at 1 to 1.5 pct High yes but it will fade …I hope this makes sense a little my Recipe from your stash would be …

FW Blueberry @4
FA Bluberry @1
FA Lemon Sicily @1
Cap Sweet Cream @ .5
Cap Super Sweet .25

Simple , should taste good after 3 days the lemon should be lighter . Sweet Cream is the for some separation, basically it will give your flavors a bed to sit on ( not sure how to explain it through typing ) …There are other options like

Blueberry Extra 4ish
Blueberry wild 4ish
Bilberry .5ish
Lemon lime 3 to 4
Lemon Sicily .5
Super Sweet .25 to .5

MOST IMPORTANT IS TO KNOW WHERE YOU LIKE THE FLAVORA YOUR TASTE WILL DIFFER FROM MINE AND OTHERS

someone else can chime in about the TPA BB , i havent used them since 2016 /17

8 Likes

It seems you could spend ALOT of time sampling solos. Do you have any advice of a good method to follow as far as percentages and steep time?

4 Likes

I’ve been making 15 ml bottles at medium percentage. Vaping ~2ml at a time at steeping intervals to see how it changes and trying to determine if i need to increase/decrease the flavor %.

4 Likes

Thanks for responding Fidalgo and Smokey Blue. I appreciate all the info!!!

4 Likes

Wow I hope you’ve got a spread sheet. :+1:

3 Likes

You will do fine, @km1606oh… I normally just use a small notepad and jot down my notes. If you need more help, just post back up :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When i wasnt lazy and I had a lot of bottles ( damn covid) I usually tested a Flavor by mixing 3 15ml bottles at different pct…1 , 3 and 5 was typical but there are some flavors you knoe are stronger or weaker so you may need to go .25 , .5 and 1pct or push the flavors 3 , 6 and 9 pct…Then I also would go off the median SF suggestion depending on flavor house … FLAVORAH is typically high so go to FLV and find their median on their site … Take Notes that you understand , write them down

5 Likes

I remember HIC saying that 0.25% FA Brandy added to fruits makes them taste a bit juicier. I was making a peach nectar at the time and tried it. I thought it helped and put that special finishing touch to my recipe.

3 Likes

Might try a tiny bit of pear. 0.05 works depending on how dry the mix. Keeping it low allows the juicy effect without the pear flavor in the mix.

4 Likes

Add any 0.25 of lemon to a blueberry to make that pop
For strawberry i found kiwi or dragon fruit the same at 0.25 to make the strawberry pop even adding supersweet

5 Likes

Thank you all for the responses!!! I will give them all a try.

5 Likes

I have not tried any other variations yet. I need i am able to buy bottles again I need to get more 15ml so I can solo test all the possible ingredients for each recipe so I know which will work best with each other.

4 Likes

INW Cactus or TFA Dragonfruit are my gotos to make anything fruity more juicy. Even up to 1% the Cactus is fine, I’ve been using it a lot lately with Peach combos to get that salivating mouth feel you get from eating juicy fruit.

Made a Peach Pink Lemonade the other day where I used the Cactus to make sure there was no dryness to the mix and it worked like a charm.

4 Likes