How do I link a YouTube video with my recipe?

I’m trying to link a YouTube video in the description of my recipe. I copy/paste from YT and put it in the description and it’s just showing the link after I hit save.

Help?
Thanks!

3 Likes

Link to it or embed the video?

Go to YouTube → Share button → copy → paste in notes

https://youtu.be/sR0o3t-P-d8?feature=shared

4 Likes

Embed, thank you, but only the link is showing up, not the video.

5 Likes

Updated post with instructions :+1:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe I need to do it from a computer. I’m using my phone most of the time. Thank you!

4 Likes

You might be getting the mobile URL which might not work

4 Likes

I just did it from my phone the other day. All i did was hit the share button on youtube and copy and paste the link. It worked. Maybe you just gotta have it on a seperate line

6 Likes

I’ve had problems on mobile too, so I just do it on pc now, on my laptop I have to copy / paste the link from browser bar up top, the share link only paste a link in notes.
I did find a workaround on iPhone that worked, you have to change the link to “Youtu.be”

One recipe Example you can see in my private notes the changes I made:

I changed the top link to the bottom one and put it in the public notes, and it came out with the video instead of just the link. If that makes sense…

5 Likes

Yes any recipe posts or videos have to be on their own separate line or else they become imbedded as part of the text Check cookies

3 Likes

I did take last nights video from under busters recipe by copying that link and pasting it which worked but when I try from my phone, it’s just a link.

Excellent! Thank you. I’ll try that. I don’t have my laptop open really unless it’s a stream night. I’ll try this next week, thank you!

1 Like

How do you get “check cookies” to show up like that?

1 Like

That’s what happens if I immediately paste the recipe url after the last word of text.

1 Like