How do i make a Rose, Cardamom, Nutmeg flavor?

some people try putting a few drops of each into in a small glass of water to get an idea.
you can also taste the liquid (with your finger same as you might taste a taste a cake mix… but more sparingly ) soon as it’s mixed. worst that can happen is it tastes blegh, next worst is you can’t taste anything. yet. Neither method is a wholly reliable guide.

I think those flavours will go together just fine. Isn;t there some kind of insanely delicious indian sweet uses those two ? (my memory is fading due to longstanding food sensitivities). And usually, if flavours work together in cookery, they also work together in a vape; though there are certainly some flavours that are gorgeous to eat, but nasty to vape, which ruin that equation somewhat.

it probably won’t need a whole four weeks to steep. Some juices are ready to vape almost instantly (we call them shake and vape mixes ) Some take four weeks or more, depends on the individual flavours. And you get every shade in between .

I use rose extract myself, and find that steeps fast , That said , my brand (Medicine Flower) is almost certainly different from your brand, so we can’t make assumptions, but I’m hopeful that yours will prove much the same.

Cardamom is such a powerful flavour (in nature, at least) , do be sure to bear in bear in mind that the flavour might not come through properly til steeped.

I just typed “cardamon” into the search bar on the recipe side of this site. Looks like there’s lots of info on that FA cardamom, and a bit of info on some other brands. That should guide you in dilution %
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors?q=cardamom
You can do the same with rose, ofc

Again, do bear in mind that different brands come in widely different concentrations, and even widely different constitutions (since many are chemical analogs , not natural flavours, for one thing) so the brand name is every bit as important as the flavour name when mixing it

3 Likes

There are a few Turkish Delight Locum recipes posted on various forums or there’s this
https://www.vapetrain.com.au/shop/vt-concentrates/turkish-delight-flavour-concentrate-diy-for-e-juice-recipe/
Just add spice to taste.

2 Likes

I know most mixer use time as their main tool for steeping, but if you absolutely need to have it vape ready quickly, you could try to use coffee frother right after mixing and put the bottle straight in ultrasonic cleanser (think jewellery cleaner instead of lab grade) for a minute or two.

2 Likes

I’m curious if the stage show needs to show someone vaping, or if a fog machine with scented liquid could be used. In other words: Is a vaping person part of the show, or just the scented cloud?

3 Likes

I was thinking unless it is a small intimate venue it’s more likely that the audience won’t catch a whiff of the scent anyway.

3 Likes

My thoughts, too. I vape on stage sometimes, small stages, and it would take a whole lot of vaping for anyone to guess what flavor I have. My vote is for OP to investigate a fog machine and add Essential Oils, even if there needs to be a vaper in the scene. I don’t know how that would work, but it could be done to help the scent get through that 4th wall.

Otherwise, I’d recommend just vaping plain VG and use dialogue to convey the flavor/scent.

2 Likes

The person has to be vaping. We want to make that act a bit dramatic - by highlighting the cloud and projecting lights on it.

Its not that we want to fill up the space with a certain scent - but that if the audience does get a whiff of it, (a) - the scent shouldn’t stand out as ‘not in theme’, ( b ) should enhance their experience of the ‘viewing’ the performance.

I do like your idea of vaping plain VG and possibly projecting the scent from somewhere else in the moments when the character is vaping. I think if all my attempts fail - this is a really good fall back plan!

4 Likes

This could be possible. It will be an intimate seating arrangement. But good point - I’ll test this out.

3 Likes

Maybe a couple of inexpensive Essential Oil diffusers turned on by assistants in the pit, or planted in the audience under their seats.

2 Likes

If you were put a cardamom rose diffuser under my seat I’d have to walk out. Strong scents are not welcomed by most in public places.

2 Likes

Good point!

1 Like