How do I stop the anger, I am feeling

Yeah, I probably should have just left it out. Lesson learned for any other doctor/judgemental healthcare institution.

7 Likes

Tell your primary care physician that you stopped vaping if itā€™s listed as heavy smoking. It may affect your health insurance in a bad way

8 Likes

Most everyone has an opinion anymore about vaping and none of it that Iā€™ve heard is good. If only they would keep their opinions to themselves we would be happy, but they wonā€™t stop. Already had another argument about it yesterday. ā€œItā€™s the same as smoking! No itā€™s not. Yes it is! Itā€™s got nicotine in it plus those damned flavors. But it isnā€™t burned organic matter and I mix it myself. Ya ya whateverā€¦itā€™s still the same as smokingā€¦
Canā€™t win with some people.

8 Likes

That is so true, it is also very sad.

Thank you @Jetalito This is why this community is so important to me. People here are ready to listen to both our rants and the things that made us smile today. My thoughts are with you and your husband today.

8 Likes

Medical people see to think the big problem with smoking/vaping is the nicotine. Mainstream media also keeps harping on the nicotine aspect too. I read a article not too long ago that compared nicotine to caffeine. In the doses we use.

When I was growing up no one said the nic would kill you itā€™s just addictive like caffeine. It was the black tar and all the extra chemicals that got you down the road.

8 Likes

There is a leading heart surgeon in my country that is a key person in the arguements against whether vaping is bad for you because as a heart surgeon, he had seen the benefits from it. Even so he took the time to open one of the more well known shops in the vancouver area, Iā€™d listen to stuff he says over what some pharmacist spews out. I see doctors and nurses a lot and get a mixed bag of reactions out of them when I told them I have vaped (currently smoking now, but trying to get back into it) and itā€™s all a matter of pointing out the facts by the royal college of physicians, using the UKā€™s health care system as an example as to why itā€™s much less of a risk than smoking.

Iā€™ve been vaping 5 years now and only caught popcorn lung twice.

8 Likes

Itā€™ll take decades before people stop believing this crap. If you keep getting mad about it, you gotta start seeing other people.

The other day I went by an old friend and one of the first things he asked me was if I was still ā€œsmokingā€ that chemical crap. ā€œYou know thatā€™s worse than [normal] cigarettes right?ā€
I just looked at him, confused.
ā€œYeah, I spoke to my doctor about it and he told me I better stick to regular cigarettes because those electrical things are full of chemical sh*tā€

I donā€™t even argue anymore. If he wants to keep smoking, his choice. All I repeat is that Iā€™m not out of breath anymore when I sport, I barely get sick anymore, I can taste again, people notice that I donā€™t smell like an ashtray anymore, my asthmatic wife isnā€™t bothered by it and I generally have a lot more energy. If thatā€™s all so bad, maybe I should think about picking up smoking againā€¦ shrug

If itā€™s a friend, you can only try and give him good advice but itā€™s up to them if they want to take it on or research it themselves. If itā€™s a doctor of pharmacist, Iā€™d just go look for another one, someone who does take his job seriously isnā€™t going to advise me about my health.

7 Likes

I donā€™t suffer fools gladly either. I find myself in the middle of a rant occasionally.

9 Likes

The pharmacist had no business telling him he might as well be smoking! If that were me and my hubby. Id call the pharmacy manager and report this!! There are NO studies to back his information and he should not be giving out false info to people! He could have potentially got your husband to relapse. Having COPD and smoking is no joke!!

8 Likes

My primary doc has me down as a non smoker, he has no idea that I vape and he canā€™t even tell. All of my diagnosis are healthy and my lungs sound great, Iā€™ve asked him after he listens to them. Even after purposely vaping in my car for half an hour heavily before an appointment. They wonā€™t know unless you tell them.

12 Likes

I think thatā€™s awsome and funny since you operate a medical clinic and your wife is a doctor.

7 Likes

I know. That is why, I was so angry! I was trying to support him, she was tearing down my support, with those words.

5 Likes

The way my wife can tell that I vape is that she can smell it. :laughing: And every once it a while it smells so good to her she says, " I want to try that!" Not very often but she does.

9 Likes

Iā€™m a RN and id defiantly report this to the pharm. Manager

7 Likes

Great video =)

3 Likes

Smoked for 34 years, been cig free for the last 5. I never disclose that I vape on medical forms. Two months ago, I had xrays, breathing test, heart test and a CT scan on the lungs and my doctor said everything looks really good. Blood pressure is a tad high, but thatā€™s because I deal with asshole personalities all day long.
Pisses me off to no end when anyone tells me vaping and smoking are the same thing.

10 Likes

Iā€™d ask that pharmacist to show proof.

4 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed that interview. I do run into the argument that PG is in Antifreeze and I really like the way he handles the answer to that. " itā€™s in there to make antifreeze SAFE because it used to be toxic " I will be using it.

8 Likes

I got fed up with the media and fake information so I made a Face Book page to explain from a neutral point all about liquid and the topics anti vape and pro vape put out there. It is based on logic, research and chemistry. It even explains how to get off nicotine. Covers ā€œpopcorn lungā€ it is just there as an all round tool of understanding. the page is welplex New Zealand. Get your husband to look at it.

10 Likes

Sounds like a Walgreens butt head, I will never use Walgreens ever again, they are controlling asses and with no facts, I have found a great pharmacist at Randalls, great person, will not go anywhere else, have found the best at Randalls.

5 Likes