How do you guys store your nicotine?

You still have to warm that nicotine so you can draw it into a a needle small enough to draw from any bottle. If you’re vaping 3mg/ml it only takes just under .86 mg’s in a 60ml mix. That’s a awful small needle to be drawing a cold PG nicotine.

I only keep a 60ml bottle at risk. Not gallons. My larger stash is kept in the freezer in gallon freezer bags and only bring one 60 out to be warmed. I normally keep about 30 60ml flavors mixed at a time and up to 10 to 15 30’s. The 60 is gone in a little over a month.

2 Likes

@rcleven what carrier are you using ? I should have specified, but I use 100%PG NIC, and pull it right out from the freezer, and into a 10ml or 20ml syringe depending on how many bottles I have in the queue, and draw and pump it with no issues.

Hehe, I assumed as much. What is your burn rate, i.e. how long does that 60ml bottle live at room temperature on average ?

2 Likes

Go thru that 60 in about 40 days but have never kept track. Room faces north so have to turn on lights to see what I’m doing even during the day. Room is furthest from the furnace. Close the room off to the rest of the house during the winter. Too dam cold in there. Depending on who I bought the nic from it changes color from fast to not at all. Pur-nic is the biggest offender. Nicotine I am using now is around 6 years old. Can’t get rid of it fast enough. CNT seems to stay fresh forever.

3 Likes

Yeah i keep my in the cupboard on a outside wall that is always a crisp 35-55f all year round sunlight never hits that side of the house. There is trees galore lol

4 Likes

Any thoughts on storing nicotine in glass mason jars (home canning jars)?

2 Likes

@TimWV that’s actually an interesting question. I don’t can, but, as long as you boil/sterilize them first, AND, they have good seals, I don’t see why not. I WOULD strongly recommend putting them in ziploc bags to be safe.

AND, there’s always an and, if you’re talking about the wide mouth canning jars I know about, if you plan on pouring the NIC, that could be messy, require funnels, etc. I guess if you syringe out of them, then maybe less of an issue.

2 Likes

I also have bunch of glass, 12 oz, hinged stopper bottles I was thinking about using however, that would require getting them out of the storage shed which could be a Raider’s of The Lost Arc adventure in and of itself!

3 Likes