How do you guys store your nicotine?

Hi guys, I just bought 250ml og 200mg nicotine and I am not really sure how to store it. Last time i bought this much was 2 years ago and I stored it in the fridge untill now that i run out of it. What I am thinking to try is to freeze half of it. Any one has tried??

3 Likes

I freeze all mine in 100ml amber bottles. As i buy 500ml of every 6-8 months

6 Likes

I stocked up from Nic River in January, 2021. Kept in a freezer in the original plastic bottles. So, now 2+ years old and still working fine in my mixes.

5 Likes

Freezer 100%.

5 Likes

should i divide it in smaller bottles of like 50ml? and keep one in just the fridge?

4 Likes

I divide my nic into 60ml brown glass bottles, put them in a freezer bag. Then straight into the freezer. I’m working on 4 year old nic and it’s the same color as when the vendor sent it to me. When I need a new working bottles pull another 60 out of the bag.

3 Likes

@Invisible_Rasta there are many great threads on that here on ELR, and you’ve received some great responses so far. I can give you some recommendations, but the choice is up to you. I’d probably dilute the 200mg down to 100mg, as the higher the strength of the NIC, the faster it will oxidize. After diluting, I would break it down into smaller glass bottles, and keep them all in the freezer, with the smallest, being the “working bottle”. If you are going LONGER TERM, then you can upsize the bottles, top them off with Argon, and tape the caps.

7 Likes

Sorry for my ignorance but does it actually solidify

2 Likes

No. PG will freeze but at far lower temperature than the household freezer can produce. PG is used today in your car’s antifreeze along with other chemicals that animal’s used die from licking old formulates alcohol base antifreeze.
VG won’t freeze either. It is recommended that VG base nicotine be shaken due to separation and hot spots.

3 Likes

@Invisible_Rasta, @rcleven pretty much covered it, but no, just thicker. Heat, Light, and Oxygen are what Oxidize NIC. The LESS you have of any or all of them, the cleaner, clearer, and the stronger (NIC levels reduce upon oxidation) your NIC will remain.

3 Likes

Transfer from plastic bottle to glass and into the freezer it goes. Filled to the top to minimize oxygen. Good for years.

3 Likes

Freeze it.

2 Likes

My very first bottles of Nicotine Free Base and Salt are on the way from Mixilogy - NZ. Can i put them straight into freezer or transferring to glass bottle is a must?

3 Likes

I transfer into working bottles size glass tinted bottles. I put the bottles into freezer gallon plastic bags. All I have to do is pull out the working bottle and let it warm up to room temperature. Others transfer to large glass bottles. My way cuts out the freez thaw cycle a couple of times.

6 Likes

So you just take from it when required for mixing and put it back. I think its easier way to handle. I am unable to understand the concept behind putting in different glass bottles and one working bottle etc.

I have received my first shipment today, is it okay if i just put it in freezer (plastic bottles from Mixilogy NZ) and use it as and when required?

3 Likes

No. That 60ml bottle sits on my desk ready to go into another mix at room temperature. When the 60 is gone it’s back to the freezer and pull out another 60. You can use any size bottle depending on how much you mix. 60’s work and fit how much I mix before it goes bad.

3 Likes

How do you realize that its gone bad? It starts tasting weird?

3 Likes

Nicotine is supposed to be a tasteless product. Therefore it shouldn’t affect a mix taste. Nicotine does oxidize with heat, sun exposure, and oxygen. It will go from a pinkish clear to a reddish brown. It will start to affect the taste and harshness even at the lowest amounts.

4 Likes

I usually break it down into 100ml amber glass bottles. Throw them on a shelf in the freezer. When im a few days from needing it i tend to throw it in the fridge. Then the day before put in a 120ml chubby gorilla bottle

5 Likes

@Chips I’ll give you my advice, and it’s the opposite of @rcleven. If you HAVE access to a freezer or fridge, your NIC should LIVE there, taking it out only for usage, then right back in. Minimizing oxidation is the key, and heat, light, and oxygen, ALL will oxidize your NIC, and to the point where you cannot use it in some cases. Now granted I have thousands of dollars of NIC,

3 Likes