How does these e-go type vapes work?

Hey guys!

My friend has started vaping CBD/THC juice as first vape experience for him. Bought some shitty e-go like pen from the dealer.
He said to me ‘oh shit i dragged half the liquid into my mouth’ and the conversation went like this

Me: Oh you flooded the coil by sucking to hard :sadface:
Friend: Flooded?
Me: Yeah there is cotton in the coil and you sucked it so hard it got over saturated and came through like a straw
Friend: No there is no cotton your wrong but I don’t know what happened.
Me: No cotton? How does that work then. Does the coil dip into the juice directly, sounds weird
Friend: IDK

So now I’m just confused. How does does small e-go type vapes work? Been googling to see how it works but i just find replacement coils flooding the results.

I have no doubt in my mind you ELR community will give me an awesome explanation as usual :heart::slight_smile:

3 Likes

If the tank is flooding, the liquid isn’t viscous enough or there’s some issue with the wicking. It’s really difficult to tell what the problem is due to a lack of details.
coils used, VG/PG ratio, …

Try a dripper (RDA) if you have one, those will take just about any liquid.

3 Likes

@Charkel with the very recent issues revolving around Black Market THC vapes with Vitamin E Acetate, I couldn’t tell what kind of vape product your friend is using, or where it came from. I would advise caution unless it’s from a reputable source.

4 Likes

Yeah i’ve told him he’s stupid trying to explain but he wont listen. + he doesnt wanna learn vaping basics just get buzzed …

1 Like

Roger that. If he/she IS a friend, even if he/she doesn’t want to listen, you might want to ask what brand, and where the product was purchased from, would hate to see him/her end up in the hospital. This of course, completely ignores the “flooding” question hehe.

1 Like

Liquid is completely unknown probably home made :frowning:

1 Like

Copy that. Sorry for the derail. @anon28032772 gave very good advice above regarding the OP.

1 Like

The real ego’s are decent basic vape devices for THC oils. I’m in a rec legal state. If I had to guess the coil failed. They are cheap and easy to replace.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there is cotton in the coil, it might’ve been well hidden inside.

2 Likes