How it works: "What can I make"

This was an aha for me. I frequently use “What can I make” to get recipe ideas for particular flavors because you can search within those results once the query is run. I thought that if I filtered for recipes for which I’m missing one ingredient, the results would include recipes for which I am missing zero or one ingredient. It doesn’t. Allowing one missing ingredient results in one missing ingredient, exclusive of recipes for which I have all the ingredients.

I hope this makes sense. Seems like I might have said that in far fewer words, but my kids are out of the house and I’m having a glass of wine. Wine apparently means more words. :smile:

8 Likes

Hmm…to be honest I’m struggling with what you’re trying to do. Or at least how you’re saying it. But it’s been 19 hrs since you posted, with no replies, so at least you got that now! LOL
I’m gonna go have some wine and come back to this. Maybe I’ll understand it then. :blush:

7 Likes

I’m thinking wine and maybe pack a bowl of the shit that killed Jimi Hendrix and made Elvis go blind. Then, and only then, will you find enlightenment.

5 Likes

Get thee behind me foul temptor!

8 Likes

I am behind you man.

8 Likes

That’s so kind of you!

Its all good, it just doesn’t work the way expected. If I click “what can I make?” I get 1,000 recipes. If I filter for one missing ingredient, I get 4,000. That 4,000 doesn’t include the 1,000 recipes from my first query. The filter is missing=1, not missing <=1.

5 Likes

That’s the way it works, and if you select missing 2 then all the recipes will be missing 2. It works the way it was designed. And for good reason. How many times do you want to look through the same recipes?

6 Likes

That is how it works. First time clicking what can I make, it will give you recipes that you could make with your flavor stash that you could choose from
If you add the option 1 missing ingredient / flavor, you’ll have other set of recipes that you could choose from, without having to skimmed through the first set, and so on.

6 Likes