ELR Home   Create recipe   Resource page   My recipes/favorites

How long do you generally steep your juice

Call me crazy and stuff. But my favourites, I make in 500 and 1000ml batches and steep for a minimum of 90 days.

Am I the only crazy one?

6 Likes

My batches are much smaller but depending on what flavors used 10 days to whenever I get to it. Have not broke out some juices for over a year and they were delicious.

7 Likes

I mix from 10ml to start, just to see if I like it… )

steep from 1 day to 5) then if I like it I might go 4 oz…
If I really like it, 8oz… if I know I can vape it all the time, then I might use a 32oz…

7 Likes

If you can go 90 days then your willpower is way stronger than mine will ever be. Depending on the mix I steep anywhere from 5, 10 or 30 days.

8 Likes

Always 1 month for me. Luckily I dont really like fruit only mixes. Or menthol.

5 Likes

1 minute to 3 months.

6 Likes

It depends, fruits, from 5 to 10 days (don’t like to loose the volatiles) creams/bakery not less then 20 days, Tobaccos… depends on my crave… I want it now!! and it’s two days… or, this will be a good thing, (or did too many) leave them in a dark place and forget about it…

Once it happened just like @Letitia… what’s this?? the label said Latakia and Mango… my thoughts went: I probably should have thrown it, but I never throw away anything (well hardly never…) and tasted it… it was delicious!

5 Likes

It depends on the juice really.

Most fruits I mix are good the next morning. Some creams and desserts need at least two weeks, others more.

And there is one specific recipe I make that has to be vaped two weeks after mixing. Too long steep makes it horrible

5 Likes

It’s not about the willpower, just about mixing enough, so that you don’t have to start on a new batch until the steeptime is over.

4 Likes

I totally agree with this, i have 5 500ml bottles of my fav custards stashed and aging. Been steeping since December and tasting mighty fine.

5 Likes

I’m an odd duck so I have to throw my opinion in to even the odds lol. I mostly vape custards and bakeries, like I have 15 bottles of juice “steeping” and only two have fruits in them, and they are both fruit and cream mixes lol.

I vape almost everything through my various squonk mods, and I vape a squonk bottle of almost everything within a week of mixing it, then another bottle every week after, so if I mix 60ml up then about 30-40ml makes it to the 1 month mark. The only mixes I don’t touch for a month is anything containing lorann cheesecake or MF hazelnut, and I give FW butterscotch natural mixes 2 weeks.

All that being said, it’s obvious that custards and bakeries, especially custards, taste better the longer you let them go, but I actually enjoy the flavor of CAP vcv1 after 3 days of steeping lol (I know I lost most people there). I also like knowing how different flavors interact, and after years of vaping fresh juices I can try a new mix fresh and have a good idea how it will turn out once steeped.

4 Likes

Sounds good to me too.

4 Likes