How to buy Fast Tech pre wrap coils

yes, trust steam engine. I dont have any plain 24ga installed right now. The 22ga I just re-wicked is 7 wraps spaced and ohms out at 0.10 and will just barely run in tc mode on my rx2/3. It wouldn’t fire in vw mode when re-wicking and pulse priming the wicks.

2 Likes

Ok, I just read on Lightning vapes that SS shouldn’t be used in watt mode only temp control is this true.

“It is not recommended to be used in wattage mode unless the resistance in ohms can be locked on the device. This is because the resistance fluctuates when the wire is hot versus room temperature. Mechanical mod users however may use this wire, however care & proper understanding of ohm’s law, as well as proper safety precautions for sub ohm vaping should be well understood”

I guess I might be ok using the Alien Mod. ???

1 Like

I use SS in watts mode daily.

3 Likes

Excellent, this is great @TheTinMan1, phew, I am looking forward to trying SS.

3 Likes

It is all I use, in TC mode only. I have a bunch of kanthal spools I bought early on that I need to sell or PIF.

2 Likes

I would stay away of those Fast Tech coils. I tried them and the results were pretty inconsistent. The suggestion to buy from Advanced Vape Supply is spot on. They offer high quality pre-wrapped coils as well as spools. Their Alien coils are really great. Pick up one of these sample packs and you can try a bunch of different builds.

5 Likes

Thanks @louiesquared. I’m leaning towards wrapping my own I think. i’ll just buy prewrapped Clapton or Straight wire and its pretty straight forward to spin it around a 3mm tool I’m guessing.

Thanks everyone for ideas and help in this thread. I have a better direction now of where to head.

3 Likes

Ok I’m thinking from all this great advice on ordering later today from lightning vapes a spool of SS 24/SS36 Clapton wire. Now if I go up to 26 would that give me more or less vapor and flavour production with a wee bigger ohm like between .2 and .3. I’m not minding .15 at 75 watts right now but wondering the difference in going up a touch?

1 Like

Just my opinion but I prefer higher guage claptons. 28/40 or at least 28/36. This allows for more wraps without the mass of a lower guage. Faster ramp up and cool down. More mass requires a lot of power to ramp up wich in turn takes a lot of time to cool down. The cool down is most important because the longer your juice sizzles after you stop puffing the more it will start to gunk up.

4 Likes

Crap, Lightning Vapes closed lol, have to wait till Monday now to order . @louiesquared, dual core or single now is the question lol. What I am using right now are two Nichrome 26/36 claptons which I have been using for almost two months. Once in a while I get a metallic taste. Only had to re wick once last week and I don’t even think it needed it. I just wanted to do it lol. The coils were a little blackish but after I cleaned it they were blackened again after a few puffs. At least we narrowing down now.
Thanks again everyone for teaching me more stuff.
Definitely looking forward to trying ss

1 Like

Thanks everyone and to @louiesquared, @Norseman, @Fozzy71, @Chrispdx, @TheTinMan1, @Walt3 and a special thank you to @Amberina by messages for the guidance on selection of coils. Just purchased two sets from “Advanced Vape Supply” as well as a RDTA called the Azeroth for 30 bucks.

I ordered some neat coils IMO lol.

Order summary1
AZEROTH RDTA by CoilArt
SS
$ 29.99

10 Pack Staggered Fused Clapton Coils 316L SS (28g/32g)x2/32g
3mm / 6
$ 9.99

10 Pack Triple Core Fused Clapton Coils 316L SS (28gx3 /36g) or (30gx3 /38g)
28gx3/36g / 3mm / 6
$ 9.99

3 Likes

Had to buy a RDTA because of the logic lol ONe set of coils for my Goon RDA and I needed something for the other set and always wanted to try a RDTA so it was on there site for pretty cheap so I grabbed one. I liked the idea of a Goon deck style that Azeroth has. Its like my Goon on steroids now. Can’t wait.

3 Likes