How to clean?

how would you clean contact thingy in pic , the battery on that side always drains quicker so ill have 3/4 life on one half and a1/4 lofe on the bad side i think cleaning this may help becuse in other mods the same batteries remain equal ty

im thinking steel wool ? btw the mod is a evic vtc dual

2 Likes

Contact cleaner.

2 Likes

just at a hardware store ? or auto store ?

1 Like

do you think thats causing the problem ?

1 Like

You can get it at both, hardware store sells it in the electrical isle, auto parts sells it with all the other chemicals.

3 Likes

Is it copper? If yes try ketchup

4 Likes

im not sure to be honest it has a goldish color , ketchup thats amazing , its crazy imo how we can use food type items for things like that ty for the response

2 Likes

perfect thank you

2 Likes

I’ll second the contact cleaner. I can’t the picture too well but if that is corrosion on the contact you can try pouring some water mixed with backing soda over the contact first.

3 Likes

You could always try and use ketchup and if it does t work have a corn dog. Lol.

5 Likes

When i used to be a bartender we had an all copper beer tap, we always cleaned it with tomato ketchup thing was shiny as hell after that

3 Likes

Be careful with using just any old contact cleaner. As many still contain chloroflourocarbons (CFC’s are typically petroleum based) which love to eat (dissolve) certain types of plastics!

Personally I would recommend either Caig DeOxit, or an electronics cleaner spray (available at many auto parts stores). If neither of those is an option, then good old rubbing alcohol (80% or higher) will do.

Regardless, if using anything other than Caig, I’d recommend wetting the end of a Q-tip with your chosen liquid, and then applying from there. That way, you don’t overspray liquid down into the mod itself!

6 Likes

will do this for sure ty i wouldnt have if you didnt mention lol

2 Likes

looks like copper so u have alot of household options. It does look pretty bad might have to use sandpaper. vinegar mixed w/ salt, citric acid, ketchup all do wonders:

but as @Sprkslfly be careful w/ petroleum products, they will eat o-rings,etc

4 Likes

Pencil eraser also works pretty good

9 Likes

is the corrosion whats causing the difference in battery life ?

1 Like

@fidalgo_vapes if that is just a battery door (ie no electronics) then citric acid powder in warm water is your friend.

It is mod cleaning day so i shot this for you

6 Likes

awesome ty so much i do need to care for my mods better

2 Likes

Quite likely, though not guaranteed.
When corrosion is present it’s preventing proper transfer of power. Sometimes voltage suffers more, sometimes current suffers more. Regardless, it’s very likely the source of additional power loss.

4 Likes

And an eraser. We always used a pencil eraser for contacts then flushed with contact cleaner if we had it. Good stuff

5 Likes