How To Delete Private Recipe

Hi. I’m new here and am loving this site. I took one recipe that looked good and then clicked the wrench to adapt it for me. It’s a private recipe at this point but if it’s good, I’ll make it public. Anyway, every time I edited it and then clicked “save”, a new copy was made. So how can I delete the old copies? I’ve looked and can’t seem to figure out how. I’m likely missing something obvious so please be gentle. :smile:

Thanks,

Drew

You should be able to have the recipe open and then select delete in the wrench menu.

3 Likes

Are you sure you didn’t click “Adapt this”? Edit should’t save a new copy…

2 Likes

Ah, thank you!

1 Like

I think what I did was click “adapt” for the original copy. Then after “adapting”, I clicked “save”. Then while it was still open, I made some more changes and hit “save” again. And then one more time. So yes, after clicking “adapt”, each click of “save” made a new copy.

Deleting as @Jimk described works.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Once you nail down that recipe, pass it on!

What Flavors do you like most in your Vape?

1 Like

I’m still finding my way as I’ve only been vaping since Dec. 2014. In that time I’ve moved from a simple Smokestik vape pen to mods and RTA/RDAs. Big difference. And now that I’m using more juice in those RTA/RDAs, Even $8 for a 1 oz. bottle seems expensive when I can make 16 ozs for about $12. So I’ve been experimenting with simple juice making for the past month.

My favorites seem to be fruits and desserts, especially custards/creams. My most favorite I’ve made so far was a Vanilla Custard with Mt. Baker at about 20% and Graham Cracker at 5%. This was really good. However I had some Mt Baker French Toast juice that was OK but not super yummy. I’ve mixed that 50/50 with my Vanilla Custard and it’s AWESOME!!! Thus I’ve since ordered some French Toast flavor from TPA and will work on that recipe as well since I’m now out of the Mt. Baker French Toast juice.

I’ve also cut my nic levels down to zero. Juice just tastes better without the nic and it doesn’t seem to bother me. Seems I’m more addicted to the act of smoking than the nic it provides.

So what do you like?

3 Likes

I’m pretty much a tobacco hound. I’ll dump just about anything into a mix as long as it compliments the tobacco flavor I’m using.

2 Likes

Interesting! You might have found a bug. I will make note of it, investigate and fix it! :smile: Thanks!

3 Likes

As awesome as you have made this place, we know you wont just fix that bug… Squash 'em!

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that if I am on the My Page, go to a recipe, delete it, then hit the back button in my browser, the old recipe often still shows up in the listing. It stays even if I refresh the window. But I think if I hit a column and force a re-sort it then goes away. I think something similar happens if I go to a recipe and rename it. Not sure if this might help in figuring out what is going on.

1 Like

That’s an effect of the database query cache. You’ll see it on the front page as well. That’s just a minor annoyance, but one that I am willing to live with, because brings a measurable performance boost :smile:

3 Likes