How to fix a juice that is way too sweet?

I have a bottle of "Doc Baily’s Elixir -Bluffin" That somebody at work bought there’s 26 mil left he wants me to “thin it down” as he puts it it was a 50 / 50 VG -PG juice I added 4 mil of PG and I’m letting breath for 30 mins. but the sweetener taste is still strong I thought maybe some smooth might cut down on the sweetness but I have not used the Smooth yet except as called for in recipes that I have mixed I don’t have any kind of sour / tart flavorings any suggestions?

Hmmmm, maybe some of the more experienced mixers can chime in, but only way I know, is to thin it with PG/VG.

I’m definitely not a super experienced mixer but I would say that vg would be the best thing to use. Pg carries flavors and makes them more intense, vg on the other hand kinda mutes flavors. Thats why high vg mixes have such a high percentage of flavoring.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing I added 4 ml but stopped there cuz I have no fucking idea how much more pg to add I don’t want to ruin this guy’s juice
Thanks,
Steve

1 Like

Well the GOOD thing is, it sounds like it kinda “ruined” already (too sweet), so don’t put pressure on yourself hehe. Just take baby steps, you can always add more, but you can never take away.

1 Like

Exactly Bro!
I should make him a nice BB muffin mix and tell him to dump that shit down the toilet
I hate sweeteners this shit he wasted at least $25.00 is disgusting I might do that
he’s a Marine I work with I’m retired Navy so I like helping out Marines and Sailors

4 Likes

Sometimes toilet-ing leads to self awareness brother. :slight_smile:

Non Sibi Sed Patriae out to you Sir, and thank you for your service, and Semper Fi out to that devil dog.

4 Likes

Thank you I appreciate that and your help!
p.s. I play guitar

2 Likes

Never tasted that type of juice, but you might suggest to him that you can make something that is in a similar flavor profile i.e fruit or whatever… that has no sweetener than attempt to combine the two. That way the flavor of the original juice won’t get too weak from the additional pg/vg your adding. It will change up the original flavor of course, but it might be vapeable and less sweet.
EDIT:
I see that it is a Blueberry Muffin… I would suggest making a blueberry (or Forest mix) and use that to weaken the sweet taste.

4 Likes

Very good idea that’s what I’ll do
Thanks Bro

1 Like

5% Distilled Water or… More VG.

1 Like

Hmm VG not PG interesting thanks !

1 Like

I think why @Maureeenie mentioned VG as it doesn’t carry flavor as well as PG does. If you had a mix with certain %'s and the mix was 100% VG, might be great, if you shift exact same flavor %'s into a 100% PG mix, it would be much stronger, as PG is a better flavor carrier.

I do not know if the same can be said for sweetness from VG to PG.

yeah, seems like it would dilute everything flavor notes and nic that’s why when I started to add PG I stopped at 4 ml to re-think this

1 Like