How to get nicotine?

Hi all, I’m curious how other DIYers are getting nicotine since the new PACT Act has been in place. I’m getting low on e-juice and can’t get nicotine now.I’ve found the synthetic nicotine, but haven’t tried that. Is that now my only option? Any help is greatly appreciated.

5 Likes

I’d say yes, now it’s your only option…

1. Extracting your own IS dangerous (yes deadly) , tricky (the process has definite steps) not worthy (a lot of vegetal matter to only extract few mils.), you have to buy (have) the right tools (expensive) , a sterile environment (Room or Area dedicated to it) and know EXACTLY what and how you’re doing it, NOT that easy. BTW do not look at those tutorials like put tobacco in a bowl and so forth… those don’t work.
  2. Agricultural nicotine, you have to know somebody that has a special permit and if he’s willing to risk and loose his job to buy you a litre, it still is: an unknown percentage, unknown type, unknown dilution and definitely not USP pharmacological grade, again very risky, doubt somebody even know how to dilute that thing, but even if pure it could be made from Neonicotinoids and that is an unknown and very dangerous path, so don’t look at it as an option.
  3. Substitute nicotine with additives like Flash or flavours that enhance hit and touch nicotine receptors, usually those are bland and not satisfying, especially if you “crave” for nicotine.
  4. Make your own Salt Nicotine with Benzoic acid? See (1)
    Those are the available options.

If you’ve found synthetic nicotine, buy it, you’ll be better off then trying substitutes, you’ll avoid a lot of hassle.
This unless you’re willing to study, spend (a lot) of money on it with a lot of trial and error, but you’d do it just for yourself and the sake of a dedicated study, IMHO not worthy.

Welcome to ELR @JannCamp

4 Likes

The DIY community on Reddit maintains a list of Nic Vendors, which continue to ship despite of PACT:

I would recommend to stock up, you find many hints on how to store it here in the forum.

I recall a post from Nicotine River which was a reputable supplier not to use the dried synthetic Nic for vaping, just in case your synthetic Nic is in powder.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why brick/mortar Tobacco shops are not looking at the vape liquid Nic issues as a business opportunity. Anybody have any insight? They likely already have all the licensing covered, plus supply chain and delivery options.

In my area there is a chain called Tobacco Outlet, selling mostly cigs and cigars, plus loose leaf and roll-your-own supplies. I stopped in one of these a month ago to ask this question. But the clerk on duty was a young doofus who didn’t have a clue about a lot of things.

4 Likes

https://nicbase.com

3 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

2 Likes

In the :us: you still have a few options…Nicbase.com , Carolina Extract , and I believe Perfect Vape

4 Likes

Start crushing some romas

3 Likes

@JannCamp I just placed another order with Carolina Xtraction. They have their nic in VG in stock and about 10 days out with their nic in PG. Glad @SteveTC, @fidalgo_vapes and @toneman2121 have offered some other options. The way folks here offer help and suggestions is why I love this community.

5 Likes