How to post in the forums

13 Likes

This should be required viewing when someone first registers for a forum. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Ain’t that a fact?! I was here for 2 months before I found the beginner’s and intermediate tutorials!!

3 Likes

@Wombatred26 - I wasn’t meaning for here. I’m hardly a forum expert. But haven’t you ever been somewhere and seen someone ask “Is this X?” and then two or three threads later someone else will ask, “Is this X?” I mean, c’mon, that doesn’t even require a search! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh, I know you didn’t mean specifically for ELR though it would help if the links for the tutorials were stickied for new users…:relieved:

Reddit is a big one for that. I see so many posts that are locked for new replies because the only reply is a moderator telling them to “go to the weekly post” for that particular subject, like “new mixer questions” or “what can I make: suggestions” in the Reddit DIY. :smirk:

I’ll admit, I’ve done it myself… BUT I’ve usually done all the searches I can think of to find what I’m looking for. It’s not my fault I didn’t search the same wording the first guy used… or the second guy… or the third girl… or…:sweat_smile:

I can’t help being an “outside the box” kinda girl lol I think laterally, I never come at a problem, straight on! I always use WAY more than what’ll find my answer. I’ve since learned to use simple, short phrases in the search bars :joy:

3 Likes

tbh, I didn’t realize there were any. :blush:

3 Likes
5 Likes

I didn’t either until I ran across a reference to them. Someone mentioned it in a post somewhere awhile back. It made me search for it!

@SessionDrummer, this should be stickied!

3 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes

2 Likes

All hail to the mighty DiscoBot, where it turns - nobody knows.

2 Likes

Wish I saw this months ago,.sorry guys
I feel like a dick.:test_tube::face_with_monocle::thinking:

4 Likes

It’s ok. You were just full of energy and eager to learn as much as possible. It is not a negative trait (anyone who loves learning about vaping equals a good day) - you just needed a little directing: so many of the basics weren’t repeated a lot.

Although, going down to basics is a good way for all to question their knowledge and how they share it.

6 Likes

Nice job passing the buck! :wink:

2 Likes

Sometimes I feel like I’m being Dave Gorman battling with questions like: How many years in a leap year: Dave Gorman's Modern Life is Goodish - Series 1, Episode 1 | Full Episode - YouTube

Just one question on the hypostatical nature of the trinity and its impact on Franciscan theology and, how it relates to reductive interpretations of personification on Christian demonology please.

1 Like

Hehe @FL_Vaper, he’s a Mod. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

excuses, excuses! :hugs:

1 Like

Bit baffled about how it came to this.

1 Like

:zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

See my reply on another thread. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Which should be pinned ?? The How to post in forums or the Certificate of Achievement

3 Likes