How to Workout Flavours in an E liquid? Help Please!

Hi guys,

I’m new to making E Liquids and wanted to know tips, tricks, methods, advice any of you use to work out the flavours of e liquids and percentages required.

Apologies if this is in the wrong group/section

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Welcome!!! You have come to the right place for the knowledge you seek …

First, I would recommend reading the “Beginners” forum to pick up on the basics. Once you have a grasp on the basics, I recommend reviewing existing recipes to find a flavor profile you desire and only order the specific flavors and ingredients you will need for your desired mix.

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/c/e-liquids/beginners

If you have specific questions, ask …

3 Likes

Thank you and it feels like I’m really part of a good community here :slightly_smiling:

Sorry but I should have mentioned that I’ve been through the basics and was looking at trying to “emulate” a flavour from a local shop. Its a guarded secret so they won’t give the recipe away LOL! :)grinning: It’s costing me a lot to buy as its my ADV.

The flavour is Twister Ice Lolly? I’ve got the concentrate from Chefs Vape but its not quiet what I wanted - too much pineapple. Any recipes out there, excluding the pineapple? all I kno wthat it contains Strawberry Lemon/Lime but I can’t seem to get the percentages right.

your advice and help would go a long way :slightly_smiling:

I am not familiar with that specific e-liquid but:

The “ICE” in Twister Ice Lolly leans towards a cool exhale … and to achieve that, I am thinking “Koolada” or “Menthol” is in the mix. Do you get a cold exhale from the juice?

Lemon and Lime are both citrus and somewhat sour in nature … I personally use these types of flavors in very small percentages (1% or less) to “Boost” fruity flavors. However, if the Lemon and or Lime are to be the main flavor, you would use them in higher percentages 2%-5% depending on how pronounced you want them to be.

Strawberry is a mainstay in e-juice flavors and I recommend getting several different types of Strawberry to well round your Strawberry vaping experience. I recommend Ripe Strawberry (TPA), Sweet Strawberry (Capella), Red Touch Strawberry (Flavour Art) and Strawberry Shisha (Inawera) to start.

Additionally, there’s the “Lolly” … To attempt to replicate a “Lollipop” I would start with “Hard Candy” by Flavor West.

3 Likes

Here is a “foundation” that you build on or from … please keep in mind that this is just a starting point and most likely not a refined finished recipe.

Citrus Punch (Mtn Dew) - TPA 3%
Strawberry Ripe - TPA - 4%
Strawberry Sweet - Capella - 4%
Hard Candy - Flavor West - 2.5%
Koolada - 0.50%
Lemon - TPA 1%
Smooth - TPA - 0.50

2 Likes

If you take a moment to analyze the recipe, you should see that it consists of the flavor base and finishing additives.
For the flavor base, I chose Mtn. Dew for the lemon lime, a mixture of Strawberry flavoring to enhance the strawberry in the mix and Hard Candy to provide the “Lolly” aspect of the flavor profile.
Koolada was added for the cool exhale, Lemon to boost the fruit notes while staying within the citrus notes pronounced in the recipe and Smooth to round off the sharp edges in the citrus dominated flavor base.

I apologize if this sounds like a lesson but I just wanted to explain why I did what I did …

3 Likes

Wow thank you so much. I’ll need to have a look at the list of flavours as I don’t have some. In response to your earlier question, there’s no cooling or menthol in the flavour.

Really appreciate your advice here… Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a popular flavors list. [Recommended Flavors and Research List] (Recommended Flavors and Research List). From my personal experience I’ve had more success blending premium flavors (FA, FLV and INW), as my core flavors at the recommended percentages. I support these flavors with Cap, FW and TPA. Whatever direction you decide to go, researching and getting to know your flavors is a good start to making good mixes.

3 Likes

You most definitely came to the right place. There is lots of family here to help you.

4 Likes

Thank you - I need to pick up a few concentrates and really get stuck in with experimenting and finding the right permutations and combinations… :scream:

2 Likes

Oh i promise it can get overwhelming. You go an order all the flavors. Then you realized you didn’t get pne in there. Then you mix and mix and have a blast. Your brain gos into overdrive lol. I learned here that you don’t need high % of flavors to get a good juice. Thats the trick right there. DarthVapor has a lot of amazing mixes. Just have fun and don’t be afraid to askk questions.

Cheers mate, sounds like a lot of hard work but well worth it :slight_smile:

1 Like

One thing that helps me immensely is tasting a drop of the liquid - it often reveals a lo to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK… With this one flavour that I’m trying to get, I mix the Sweet Strawberry, Lemon and Lime but the lemon/lime are too over powering and too sharp. What can I do to keep the flavour but take that sharpness away? The liquid become to harsh to vape. Any suggestions?

I suggest lowering the % of the lemon/lime - if that fails, you could also try with Smooth (TPA) or MTS Vape Wizard (FA) :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Will definitely look int the above products and from descriptions sound like the extra ingredients that I need

1 Like

I’ve ordered the Smooth concentrate and will let you know how this goes :smile: