How would you react?

$$$🤡$$$

Then the light went “Bing!” :sunglasses:

4 Likes

it’s a tricky one.

when i started vaporising i had a vague idea that maybe it would help me cut down on smoking. i thought it would be impossible for me to stop smoking. i was an avid smoker.

but i was also getting to the point in life that the idea that smoking is bad for you wasn’t just something abstract, that you hear, or think is propaganda, or somehow are in denial about.

smoking obviously wasn’t doing me any good. but i was so convinced it would be too hard for me to quit, that the stress would be unbearable like it had been when i tried cold turkey one time about 10 or 12 years ago. so i just reckoned with the idea that i liked smoking too much and wanted to keep doing it, with some sort of cognitive dissonance going on.

i puffed cheap cigalike then ego sticks, on and off, for a couple of years, but not very successfully.

so towards the end of last year some people around me were also trying to quit, i had access to cheap ego sticks and somehow i came across some good quality liquid, and also started reading online. and the inevitability of smoking being harmful to my health maybe became clearer and more apparent in my conscious thought. i thought various strategies to only smoke at certain times of the day and vape at others. i still truly didn’t believe i would be able to switch from cigs.

then i ordered an i stick pico. i liked it. at this point i had cut down to 1 in the morning and 1 at night, mostly. the day after the pico arrived i managed not to smoke in the morning, and from that point on, i mostly vaped instead of smoking and have now barely smoked since last november.

so i suppose my point is that someone expressing a wish to keep smoking can unconsciously be down to a fear that they can’t quit, like i think was the case with me. it’s possible that there will come a point when these apparent vape bludgers might realise, ah, this is good, i can actually do this…?

5 Likes