HP Laptop Users: Hidden Keylogger in Some Device Models (Link to the Fix)

Take a read. Some models of HP Laptops found to have hidden keyloggers hiding in the Synaptics Device Driver. If you have one of the 400+ models affected, the link will give you a fix on the bottom of the article.

8 Likes

Oh my god. I have two on the list. Thank you.

2 Likes

My son’s was on the list when first reading it, so I thought I should try and get it out there in case anyone on here has one of them as well, I’m glad it helped. :wink:

2 Likes

Alright @Silhouette! It’s great to have you on this forum. Love it. CyberBuster! This activity obviously runs deep.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this @Silhouette. I’ve been looking for a new laptop and a couple HPs were high on the list

1 Like

Good find! Thank you, as always you rock!

Thanks all! It’s deactivated by default, which I guess should make you feel better, but anyone who has an HP should definitely take a look at the list to be on the safe side.

Here’s a link to Sopho’s Naked Security, which gives some really good tech news, as well as the latest threats. Sophos offers some pretty beefy anti-virus for PC’s, and I use its mobile security app as well, which has alot of features, plus it’s AV Scores are always on point.

2 Likes

Don’t panic it’s not as black and white as you may think.

2 Likes

I don’t expect anyone to panic :smiley:. I just want to make sure people get it fixed in case they missed the article on it.

2 Likes

Thx for the share @Silhouette, i do not own a HP device tough @ work my technicians have alot of them, will check out the list @ work.

I didn’t panic but…remember this one?

1 Like